Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

No collide muili tool

KillerKiller Registered Posts: 69
edited April 2011 in Suggestions #1
So is there anyway you guys want to get the no collide multi tool? It would make NC'ing much faster I should hope so its real useful by my standards and if done right it can reduce lag on the server.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
As of this moment you and are have been declared TROLLS guess we better go found our bridge and beware those goats!

Comments

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    If you parent, things don't collide anyways. Not really needed.
  • KillerKiller Registered Posts: 69
    This is true (and I do) but somethings for instance on your ship may collide, especially if your making a compact fighter and if you build said fighter out of 15-20 little parts like some of my creations. You cant always spawn it in the right place or Easy precision it right manually sometimes is the only way and no colliding one part at a time can take longer than most (such as myself and a few others that were asking about this) would like. I just think it would make things all around faster and we all know that a faster build means bigger and better combat :D
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As of this moment you and are have been declared TROLLS guess we better go found our bridge and beware those goats!
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Hrm. Multi-Nocollide sounds good.

However.. it might be possible to make an E2 that would do it.
    Hay if your smart enough (or at least not as lazy as me) to code an e2 to do that than Id be happy with that aswell but than again an e2 like that well woulnt it just be parenting all over again sept without the parent?
    Oh and here is where you can take a look at it this is the version I use at least: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=110922
  • EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
    Hmm I'd definitely like it too, had some good experiances with that tool... specialy when you build with the Physgun from time to time... like me...
  • the forcethe force Registered Posts: 36
    i have an e2 that links props to the e2 if they are no collided to it and you have to link many things to it and its a pain to sit there doing it one at a time..... and its just on tool you could remove the other no collide because muli no collide can do everything the other dose and more
  • EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
    Or we make it super simple: We remove Multi-Weld and put SmartConstraint in for exchange. It's less likely to crash servers with 500 and more welds created at once (or nocollides) (Seen it happen) and it houses both, Multi Nocollide and Mutli Weld. :D
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Multiweld tool welds every selected prop to the prop you right click on. Smart constraint welds everything together helter skelter. That's the one reason I prefer multiweld.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    I have a station where i tested both
    Multi-Weld=129 Welds(There is 129 props)
    Smart Constraint=1200 Welds.

Do the math.
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
    Alex4921 wrote:

Do the math.
    Well, its under 9000 so were good
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    Killer wrote:
    Alex4921 wrote:

Do the math.
    Well, its under 9000 so were good
    Weld limit in Source is about 2000 from what i remember but DO NOT quote me on that.
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I could go on and on about how stupid the Smart Constraint tool really is (some kind of irony there, I bet). However, for the sake of not hitting the tl;dr limit, I will keep it to the following points:

1. 1400 constraints on a 150 entity contraption (BAD, BAD, VERY BAD!)
    2. Source limit for constraints is 2048.
    3. Each constraint brings down the speed of the server by a little bit, hitting the limit = SLOW
    4. After hitting the limit, nobody else can add any more constraints, work comes to a standstill.
    5. You DO NOT NEED NOCOLLIDES. If you have a singular moving parts that need to collide with players and not your ship (like elevators), use Easy Precision->Apply Settings to Target Prop mode->Check "Only collide with Player"->Click to Apply. Everything else should be parented before it moves. Parenting gets rid of the need for any nocollides, as all children to the parent are hard-locked into place instead of moved by physics (welds, ropes, hydraulics, what have you).

Until PolyWeld works, just use Multi-Weld and parenting.

Smart Constraint will never be on our servers unless some smartass puts it on there without my say so.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file