Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Uclip!

AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
edited January 2016 in Suggestions #1
I sat down and actually fixed an addon called Uclip.

For those who don't know what this is, it's essentially an addon that prevents players that are not on your prop protection list from noclipping through your props. What this means is that you can, essentially, lock people out of your ship, provided it's air-tight.

I also added an optional ConVar that prevents world no-clipping as well, if immersion is valued here, and can be enabled/disabled on a dime!

TL;DR ADD THE MOD BRANDON IT'S GOOD

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Amaroq wrote:
    What this means is that you can, essentially, lock people out of your ship

or in them

everyone come into the spectral directorate resource station, we got methane, we got methanol, we got carbon monoxide, all the resources you can eat. please ignore the giant descending spike plate ceiling and the shriek harvester units

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Huh, I'd heard that it was impossible because of Garry. Nice!
    Lambda217 wrote:
    please ignore the giant descending spike plate ceiling and the shriek harvester units

Totally not surprised

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Huh, I'd heard that it was impossible because of Garry. Nice!

It's actually really cleverly done, and had only a few weird things wrong with it. The addon essentially just does a trace based on the direction you're moving every tick, and if it finds a solid that does not belong to you, it sets you back at your previous position based on your current no-clip velocity.

There's more to it than that, but that's the gist of it. Most of it's clientside too, so it won't impact server performance much either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file