Home Help and Tutorials
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Making a E2 radar

EyjafjallajökullEyjafjallajökull Registered Posts: 14
edited January 2014 in Help and Tutorials #1
a lot of thinking has been going on and i believe that this is an must for any advanced player, A RADAR

Yep this is possible, and even better some of the guys around Diaspora have already done this!
Anyway it might be hard for a non-skilled E2 player to make this (including me) so what im asking for is a radar showing distances to other players and other thingies that are important when making a radar (might even put a proximity alert in it, make it show up on your HUD, Etc.).

And if you feel like helping, i have one personal request: make it have this model :mrgreen:

Thanks for reading this!
"YOLO=You Only Live Online"
"I do not play computer games because i do not have a life,
I do it because i choose to have many"
My Youtube channel Here

Comments

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    radar showing distances to other players and other thingies that are important when making a radar

A nice unspecific brief being provided for any potential E2ers, :P. Come up with a more precise list of what you want it to do, and how you want it to look. You don't need to know E2 to be able to come up with a list of functions it'll perform, and it'll make the job easier for anyone that's interested in helping - which I may be.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • EyjafjallajökullEyjafjallajökull Registered Posts: 14
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    radar showing distances to other players and other thingies that are important when making a radar

A nice unspecific brief being provided for any potential E2ers, :P. Come up with a more precise list of what you want it to do, and how you want it to look. You don't need to know E2 to be able to come up with a list of functions it'll perform, and it'll make the job easier for anyone that's interested in helping - which I may be.
    huh, well yeah when you think about it, it sounds kinda crappy ("do this, but im no gonna tell you how i want it to be").

What i was picturing was a Holo/HUD radar that could appear (be shown to you as) like a rectangle of the map, and that you could locate players on that map based on where they were (distance and direction). you might even go farther and switch the rectangle for a box (3 dimensional) for better locating. like, if i got this right, get their worldpos and then make the E2 put that somehow on the rectangle/box map. basically what it is doing is making the worldpos numbers into a picture.

the proximity alert thingy is not "a must have" just something that would be nice to have as a option.

in case you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask!
    "YOLO=You Only Live Online"
    "I do not play computer games because i do not have a life,
    I do it because i choose to have many"
    My Youtube channel Here

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file