Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

FeedTheBeast

2»

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Ages are permanent and can only be removed by deleting them off the hard drive manually, which is why it can be such a problem to have everyone on the server creating lots of them.

The benefit of making an age is that it is only accessible if you have a book that links to it, and those books have to be created by the player that owns the age. It's basically a way to escape griefing in the overworld to a world people can't follow you into.
    Hmm, well...let's see. It seems like an awfully good idea, these ages, and with our small player group it probably wouldn't be so bad on my 4TB of harddrive space. So, I think I'll first run it free and see how much of an issue it becomes, then limit it as necessary.

I could also possibly set up a script that would delete unused worlds after a certain amount of inactivity.
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    This is an age I wrote for a server I've been playing on for a few days now:
    http://i49.tinypic.com/k2khc.jpg

I probably created 40+ ages to get all the symbols to make that one, though.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    So uh, didn't Steeveeo say we were moving to FTB on the 7th? :P
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    LtBrandon wrote:
    So uh, didn't Steeveeo say we were moving to FTB on the 7th? :P
    It's still in Beta stages, nothing has really changed. One could track the release of things like Redpower and Advanced Machines through their respective sites, and ask if and when they're going to be released on the Feed The Beast forums.
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    We have a test server up but things are being a little unsteady at the moment. We have repetitive client crashes in SMP Mystcraft, for example, caused my meteor impacts. There are other things with mod inclusions we're still looking at too.
This discussion has been closed.