Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Technic launcher

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited September 2012 in Tech Support #1
I have done all I can, but I can't get this fucking technic launcher to work. I've tried the standalone program and tried opening the .jar with Java. Nothing. Works. All it does when I open the .jar is just leave that stupid splash screen and do nothing else. It also puts some files in .techniclauncher in appdata. 3 folders, one of them has 2 files, Launcher_0.log and Launcher_0.log.lck. The other folders have nothing in them. There is one file named launcher.properties. I have done all i can think to do. Cleaned out my minecraft several times. Installed MANY different Java platforms. Even fucked with the registry a bit. Nothing. I am running Windows 7 Enterprise x64. I have both the 32 and 64 bit versions of JRE. I have JDK x64 installed aswell. Nothing.

Please tell me how to fix this.
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Oooh, finally a tech support thing I can actually help on. Ok, I am assuming that you mean it's stuck on the pre-launcher "TECHNIC LAUNCHER" splash logo and not the login screen itself. I am also assuming that your antivirus isn't blocking it and that you're using the jar file called "technic-launcher-latest.jar"

First off, go to your %appdata% folder and delete ".techniclauncher/" so we can get this started fresh. Next, go to your task manager (ctrl+alt+delete or ctrl+shift+esc, either works) on the Processes tab and check to see if "java.exe" or "javaw.exe" are running; close them if they are.

Next, rerun the jar file and see if it finally gets to the launcher screen (the one that says "Hello, player!") and has the login area at the lower right). If that doesn't work, redo the first step and continue on.

Finally, if that doesn't work, go to where "technic-launcher-latest.jar" is located and create a new text document (right-click -> new -> Text Document). Rename it to something like RUN.bat. Note: if you don't have file extensions visible, you will need to enable those in order for this to work (Control Panel -> Folder Options -> [View] tab -> Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"). Right-click RUN.bat and hit edit.

In this file, write the following:
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar
    PAUSE

If you run this and the window that pops up says something like "java.exe not found" or whatever, locate your java installation and replace "C:\Program Files\Java..." with the path to where you actually installed it.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    The batch method did not work. I could post the contents of the log file if you want.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Seeing as you're in the server now, what fixed it?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Seeing as you're in the server now, what fixed it?
    He sent me the logs and basically the launcher crashes if it can't get an internet connection. As it turned out his firewall, Zonealarm, was causing java to lose connection even with it allowed in the settings. I use Zonealarm myself so I was able to tell him how to fix it, just got to set the internet security settings to medium instead of high.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
This discussion has been closed.