Home Music
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

dubstep

kylee2foxkylee2fox Registered Posts: 7
edited June 2012 in Music #1
Dubstep is a #1 you can watch a commeril that has dubstep song

Comments

• Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    As a general rule I dislike dubstep (most of it seems to be quite talentless), but there are a few artists out there who show promise. Particularly SubVibe, whose producer I am acquainted with; though they classify most of their work as drumstep, a confusingly similar genre to a non-dubstep producer (mostly industrial, orchestral and solo).

"Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I'm not the first to say this, but Dubstep is, for the most part... Bad. No, seriously. I know 80% of everything is crap, so it makes sense, but Dubstep is probably closer to 90-95. The sound behind it just holds nothing interesting for the ear, and often just causes ear-rape.

That said, I have found a single artist that makes Dubstep that actually isn't shitty. I have never heard anyone else do it in a similar style, where the wubbing is there for a reason other than to destroy your eardrums.

My three current favorites. I hate Katey Perry, btw. But somehow this song just.. works. Fuck if I know how.
    Sir has good taste.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Amaroq is right, but that's because Dubstep, like rock, is rather formulaic to make. With the internet, this means that you will get a LOT of similar songs, but the good part of that is that the good ones really stand out when you find them.

One thing I've noticed when listening to the Dubstep songs I like: none of them have the screeching, ear-bleeding noises that most mainstream tracks have.

EDIT: Just a note, a genre of music that's fun to listen to and is quite similar to Dubstep is the lesser-known Drum 'n' Bass (DnB).
  • MurdertrainMurdertrain Registered Posts: 24
    Wub wub wub
    flux pavilion anyone?
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    I hate dubstep, just a bunch of kids with no musical talent. /flame /troll

f21pop.png

inb4 nubis is stupid

I Don't care.

RAEG MOAR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGNNqAc1s4Y

I'm out.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    Dubstep is just 95% shit. Always exceptions, bro. Always. Though, admittedly, Dubstep's exceptions are microscopic in comparison to other genres.

This guy is one of the exceptions.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    What about that Skill Rex guy? I hear the kids think he's pretty kewl.
    If I were to describe Skrillex in a word, that word would probably be... ew.
    AHadley wrote:
    If I were to describe Skrillex in a word, that word would probably be... ew.

Skrillex is to Dubstep what Nickelback is to Classic Rock. Fuck both of them, they are shit and don't represent the genre to anyone except pubescent 12 year olds with no taste in music.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534

...close enough to dubstep.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file