Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Correct Rate of Fire for Asgard Beams

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited September 2011 in Suggestions #1
http://gifninja.com/animated-gifs/251559/rate-of-fire

That right there is a example STRAIGHT FROM THE SHOW of the rate of fire for Asgard beams.

Nuff said.
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Those are four different asgard beam emitters. None of them fire more than once. That is a terrible, terrible example for what you're trying to convey.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Okay fine you win. All im trying to say that the Asgard Beams now do ridiculously high amounts of damage and have ridiculously low rates of fire. I would rather have the Asgard Beams the way they were in the SHOW (made for making fluctuations in Ori Shields). They were NOT 1 hit instakill beams of death. The Daedalus only used them because it was the most powerful weapon they had at the time. And im not bitching about the Asgard Beams because i have been killed in the server or anything, but merely because i think this majorly fucks with the overall balance of the Weapons on Diaspora.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Anubis, in the show the only thing that prevents them from being an insta-kill on everything other than wraith(and probably Asgard) is the shields. They are beyond over powered in the show and fire quite slow compared to everything else. The fluctuations in the Ori shields was just the Ori firing their main weapon. They fire/move slow so they are not as useful on small ships, they are meant for capital-ship battles, and a fighter/shuttle/frigate/whatever spammed with weapons isn't a capital as seems to be the popular opinion on Diaspora.

Fact: Most of the weapon balance issues are players not using weapons how they are intended to be used.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • DuneDDuneD Registered Posts: 31
    Well I plan on doing several things regarding that question in particular, right now asgards arent instakill, they do around 5mill damage but at the cost of 100mill energy, it was just a test to check if there was a workaround to big ships (titan like) to actually be destroyed, because lets be honest with the current weaponery, even if you have a shitload of resources, you end causing a lot of lag and the titan doesnt get killed, because lets be honest, there is no way to take down a titan without using corenukes, thats where the new brand of overpowered weapons come in, since we arent going to avoid titan fights I thought that was a solution, but I guess I was wrong since people just get their small ships put x bateries and power the asgard beams anyway...
    Now I have another radical solution, why not getting rid of caches all togheter and link life support to the cores, using the ship size to calculate the amount of resources a ship can carry, maybe leaving a test cache for debugging purposes that cant be welded or parented it just an idea that I think it would help balance things a lot, and to add to the mix capping the max and min health of the cores in order to limit the ship size (no more stacking props in order to gain health) and maybe making it like 2 fighter can take down a frigate, a frigate and a fighter can take down a cruiser and so on.
    But well since right now im the only developer, I tend to give preference to the things I like coding, like making new effects, new weapons and such, so progress is going slow.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file