Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server Restarts

DaraconDaracon Registered Posts: 41
edited May 2011 in Suggestions #1
I would like to ask for the ability to restart the servers, i have a long standing history going back into the mcbuild days to show that i can be trusted with said privileges. Might not be needed when steevo gets back, but can't hurt either.
Not sure if this goes here, seemed like the best places to put it.

Comments

• ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    Well if this is a democray you have my vote.
    i dont see a problem with it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    I would vote for giving all Admirals the power to do this if they ask for it specifically.
    400+ hours they have obviously proven that they are dedicated and its not like Restart button is incredibly abusable as it is easy to track who uses it.
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Alex4921 wrote:
    I would vote for giving all Admirals the power to do this if they ask for it specifically.
    400+ hours they have obviously proven that they are dedicated and its not like Restart button is incredibly abusable as it is easy to track who uses it.
    No administrative power is given because of hours. There are plenty of people who have or will eventually reach that level which are definitely NOT administration material.

It is actually not easy to track who uses the restart buttons, as there is no logging on that. Also, access to the Restart button also gives access to the Stop and Start buttons. If someone who is not acting in the interest of the servers gets a hold of that, they can potentially bring the server down for hours, depending on who gets on to fix the problem.

As for Daracon: I am all for it, I remember how good of an admin you were back on McBuilds, and I would be pleased to have you on the team again for the new community.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file