Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

PAC Bug That crashes the Server

TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
edited June 2013 in Tech Support #1
If you set the scale of the player to 0, the server crashes. I tested it in single player, and couldn't get it to crash, but I was able to get it to crash the server (while nobody was on) early this morning.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Thats not very helpful, if I was to fix it I would need more information. Can you reliably reproduce the issue every time? Are you sure its actually PAC causing the issue? Were there any errors in your console after you left? Did you have ANYTHING else out at the time? In the future please consider questions such as these to make it ever so slightly easier for me to track down the issue.

Most of PAC is clientside, really all the server does is relay information about the various skins being used.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Thats not very helpful, if I was to fix it I would need more information. Can you reliably reproduce the issue every time? Are you sure its actually PAC causing the issue? Were there any errors in your console after you left? Did you have ANYTHING else out at the time? In the future please consider questions such as these to make it ever so slightly easier for me to track down the issue.

Most of PAC is clientside, really all the server does is relay information about the various skins being used.
    Sorry Brandon, didn't have the presence of mind at the moment to include many details...

I can reliably reproduce it. Just open the PAC editor, create a new "entity" object as a child of the main outfit class, and it should default to the owner. In that entity object, set the "size" field to 0, and the server crashes. I looked in my console, and saw absolutely no errors pertaining to PAC, other than a missing texture error.

I've been making the crashes happen when the server was completely empty, with nobody, and nothing on.

Sizing a player does effect hitbox size, and mass. If I size myself above 100, the server starts getting quite laggy for all players. In single player, however, I don't get any lag, no-matter how large I scale myself. Could spacebuild's derpcode be getting confused?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file