Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

duped core unlinked to reasource node issue

evil haggisevil haggis Registered Posts: 22
edited June 2012 in Tech Support #1
ok. this issue was brought forward by SGC¦ bad_idea. from what he knows every time you spawn a cored object from a dupe, it unlinks itself from the reasource node. bad also descrided to me how much of an issue this could be in the future Gmod 13. so both me and bad are requesting sombody please fix this issue asoon as possible
if you like me... you,r disgusting

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    ok. this issue was brought forward by SGC¦ bad_idea. from what he knows every time you spawn a cored object from a dupe, it unlinks itself from the reasource node. bad also descrided to me how much of an issue this could be in the future Gmod 13. so both me and bad are requesting sombody please fix this issue asoon as possible
    I've had this bug reported to me by about 30 people :P

I honestly have no idea why the duper doesn't save the RD3 stuff properly, though I'm not exactly the best at working with the RD3 systems. This won't be an issue in GM13 at all, I'm throwing the whole thing out the window. Support energy will cease to exist as weapons will be noming your capacitor directly. :twisted:
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    In the mean-time, to circumvent this problem - you should use this E2 here. It'll automatically link your code and your node, provided you wirelink the node to the E2. Note: It'll wait 2 seconds after the dupe has finished pasting, so wait a few seconds!
    # This E2 was written by NinjrKillr, and has been placed into the public
    # domain for free use. Any modifications are allowed, but credit must
    # remain with NinjrKillr for the original E2. This E2 is allowed to be
    # shared at will, provided this header remains intact.

@name Core Auto-Linker
    @inputs ResourceNode:wirelink

if(dupefinished()){timer("Re-Link",2000)}

if(clk("Re-Link"))
    {
    	if(->ResourceNode)
    	{
    		Core = entity():getCoreEnt()
    		if(Core != noentity()){Core:link(ResourceNode:entity())}
    		else{print("[Core Auto-Linker] Attempted to link Core and Node, but there was no Core :/")}
    	}
    	else
    	{
    		print("[Core Auto-Linker] There was no Resource Node attached, please wirelink the E2 to the node.")
    		print("[Core Auto-Linker] Re-attempting in 30 seconds.")
    		timer("Re-Link",30000)
    	}
    }

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file