Home Change Logs
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Change Log for Jan 23 - Jan 29

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited January 2011 in Change Logs #1
First changelog!
  • [BALANCE] - Moved Drill Rigs into Mining Lasers instead of Mining Devices (will probably rename that category later). Also set the limit for all drill devices (lasers too) to 5. This amount should let people have a couple platforms for mining to their name at a time, while not being able to completely spam the Drill platforms to get OMGFREERESOURCES.
  • [PLAN][FEATURE] - Since the E2 function Ent:setPos(Vec) got overwritten in the last set of updates, player teleporting is no longer possible via E2. Going to make Ent:setPlyPos(Vec) that will only work on players, and not be stuck in Wire_Extras to get overwritten each update. This is set as a plan for now, instead of me just doing it, since I have some other work to do today.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    • [PLAN][FORUMS] - Find out why I can't see the stupid "Edit Post" button. (Outdated, see next item)
    • [FIX][FORUMS] - Fuhrball fixed the edit button issue, as well as other missing buttons.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    • [FEATURE][BALANCE] - Added in a check to the Asteroid Spawn loop to limit the amount of asteroids that can be spawned at once, limited to 10. This was done partially for performance, so it doesn't hiccup the server, as well as making asteroids semi non-renewable. (They still are, unless you can mine 1.1 asteroids in a second.)
      [*] [FEATURE] - The number of Crystal Parents that are allowed to be spawned on a single planet scales up and down according to the radius of said planet. Example: A moon with a radius of 1280 units can only have a maximum of 1 Crystal Parent, while a gas giant with a radius of 3200 can have up to 3 Crystal parents.[/*]
      • [FIX] - Scaled max mineral parent limit back to 2, max children to 15, and max asteroids to 25. WAY too easy to RSO with this many entities in play.

Note, if nobody's posted a change between yours, just use the edit button, makes things less cluttered.
    • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
        [*] [FIX][FEATURE][BALANCE] - Changed default limits. Max Mineral Planets to 1, Crystal Parents to 3, and Children to 20. Along with this, when you mine up everything on a planet, the Crystals will stop spawning there, and find a new planet to grow on. This allows for everyone to search for the Crystals, as well as reducing the entity count (Less Reliable Cache Overflows, and Buffer Overflows.)[/*]
        • [FEATURE][FORUMS] - Added new subforum, Diaspora > Showcase. Requested by Paperclip.
        • [UPDATE] - Updated Wenlis Tools. Precision Alignment, Physgun Buildmode, and the like should be all patched up.
        • [UPDATE] - Base GMod update today.
        • [FORUM] - Edited the MOTD here on the forums. Now includes a link to the Change Logs section and a more verbose and descriptive staffer list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file