Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Banned from Dev server ? 0.o

JohnSheppardJohnSheppard Registered Posts: 14
edited July 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
Hello ,I noticed i was banned from dev server (permaban i believe) ,can you unban me or atleast tell me why i got banned ?

Sincerly ,a concerned player
banner_87.png [SSSS]

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    SteamID please.
  • JohnSheppardJohnSheppard Registered Posts: 14
    Here

STEAM_0:0:26644712
    banner_87.png [SSSS]
    "STEAM_0:0:26644712"	
    {
    	"name"	"[SG-A] Moonwalker917 [FR l RU]"
    	"unban"	"0"
    	"time"	"1305569843"
    	"admin"	"JamesCLK(STEAM_0:0:20154536)"
    	"reason"	"Petition it on the forums, if you're TRUELY innocent, you will be unbanned"
    }

Note to all staff: PLEASE stop addressing the banned in the ban message, write a reason instead. It only makes the problem harder in the long run when there's no specific reason provided, especially when the message is only relevant at the time of the ban.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    iirc this guy did something and when we asked something about it he started completely avoiding the topic and not answering one way or the other.

..no i dont remember what it was about >.<..
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    Well..when james banned me I was complaining about the todd 's ship lag ,he had 150 props + LS + some props unfreezed .I think it 's somehow unfair . And where is the "petiton" ?

Now i promise i won 't try to avoid rules and won 't shoot on earth k ?
    banner_87.png [SSSS]
    no k untill i remember how it went or someone who does comes to explain exactly why no k

logic

i just remember i hate you
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Great reason to keep him banned. Do you even know exactly why he was banned?
    Traced the timestamp back to a date, so I'll upload the logs of that date for further review. From what I read in the log before the ban, the original reason was because the accused was banned on the main server, however that ban no longer exists (somehow only one ban remained from the server move, so I synced the ban list from the Dev server), so I cannot trace that one down.

If anyone wants to look through the incident and pick out some evidence to either side, download the attachment below.
    Well..still asking this...where is the petition. Please ? It's pretty annoying when someone don 't want you to lie but lie himself (I searched for petition but can 't find it ,maybe it 's hidden somewhere ?)

I regret almost everything i 've done ,and i won 't do it again ,if you don 't want to unbann me ,that ' your choice
    banner_87.png [SSSS]
    what petition, and thanks for the logs, they confirm my suspicion of this guys identity, if you bother to read through the logs before his ban youll see that he starts avoiding the issue and not responding one way or another, try and search for banned to find the exact ban spot and read below.
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    This is your petition. Honestly just unban him and if he messes up again then ban him with an actual reason.
    okay, i went and found it since geezus.

[10:54:22]SGC | Zardian: james
    [10:54:23][SG-A] Moonwalker917 [FR l RU]: so i was arguing about the vote and told todd that AFK for rank is worst than votespam ,even if i didn 't
    [10:54:36]JamesCLK: yes zard?
    [10:54:38]SGC | Zardian: did ya see him votespam?
    [10:54:40]Steeveeo: brb
    [10:54:40]JamesCLK: yes
    [10:54:41]JamesCLK: i did

so there you have it, banned for votespam and said spam is going to stick.
    Votespam hardly warrants a permaban, and disliking someone is not a reason for any length of ban.

Unless there is any evidence to persuade me otherwise within the next 12 hours, I'm going to unban him.
    The bans lenght is mainly explained by the fact that he tried to completely avoid the topic when asked to explain himself.
    Do as you wish tho, one more troll hardly matters anymore, propably allso going to end up here again soon enough.
    Zardian wrote:
    The bans lenght is mainly explained by the fact that he tried to completely avoid the topic when asked to explain himself.
    Do as you wish tho, one more troll hardly matters anymore, propably allso going to end up here again soon enough.
    If he does end up here again, the ban reason better actually be a reason, rather than something that makes no sense in time. That way we will not have to do the same song and dance each time.

JohnSheppard AKA Moonwalker, please behave yourself from now on.
This discussion has been closed.