Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

railguns

slayer123456493slayer123456493 Registered Posts: 25
edited June 2011 in Suggestions #1
ok ive noticed a few things, the small railgun dosent require energy, and the bigger railguns are admin only,
ive tried out all of the railguns in single player and the massive ones dont seem very overpowered so would it be possible to implement them as non admin only and of course with huge energy requirements? i perspnaly think that it should have around 100000 energy per second while it charges and keep all other functions the same. ive also heard quite a few people saying that you can build ships with as much hp as you want if its big enough and eventualy you hit a point where theres now way to do enough damage within a reasonable time to take some of the more powerfull ships down. its come to me using an ion beam cannon with a 100 multiplier to even make a reasonable dent.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    The small railguns you are talking about are probably the ones from SBEP_Weapons, which means that although they don't use our system of requirements, they also do a piddly weak amount of damage.

I am not sure which "large railguns" you are talking about. Perhaps the MAC cannons? If so, again, SBEP. These were taken off the server assets LONG ago due to how laggy they can be and how prone to crashing the server they were. In other words, you're firing a PHYSICAL shell into a parented ship to do COLLISION damage, not simulated damage like everything else. All those physics attempts and calculations either lag severely or outright knock the server offline.

For the last part, supposedly Dubby made the core stats logarithmic, meaning that at a certain point, adding new stuff to the ship gives a very minor boost. This MAY have only applied to core boosters, but I had no hand in that code, so I cannot say for sure. In any case, to make a ship with enough HP to take forever to kill with a max-multi Ion Cannon, you'd need to be one of those people uncreative enough to only build titans bigger than the spawn planet of Forlorn.
  • slayer123456493slayer123456493 Registered Posts: 25
    hmm i didnt know the mac guns worked that way physics wise. maybe it would be possible to make an adapted version. the main reqason i like them is their large size giving them the ability to be incorperated in as a design feature but if its not possible then thats fine but i still think the small railgun deserves a good amount of change considering what railguns do in real life.
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Hey, we have to be pretty creative to make a ship that big.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Not really. Doesn't take much of an imagination to slap a crapton of props together.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Amaroq wrote:
    Not really. Doesn't take much of an imagination to slap a crapton of props together.

Titans aren't always ugly, just look at Todd's City-Ship. c:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I didn't say it was ugly, or that you can't be imaginative while making a Titan. I said that it doesn't take much of an imagination to make one.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file