Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Expression2 energy consumption

SweetOneSweetOne Registered Posts: 39
edited January 2014 in Suggestions #1
Hello!

Since everything from weapons to life support is based on some kind of resource consumption.

Im suggesting that you add one to Expression2 as well. Expression2 could consume energy and the amount could be based on its usage and if you wish it could also eat some cpu from ship's core.

Makes sense? Super pc consumes more power than noob pc. 8D

Thanks for reading my mad idea.

--SweetOne

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Unless we go full retard over spacebuild survival or something, this is highly unlikely to happen.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    what if physical functions like setpos and applyforce consumed energy

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • SweetOneSweetOne Registered Posts: 39
    Lambda217 wrote:

I like that idea!
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Lambda217 wrote:

The gyro doesn't, why should E2?

Also even if you do, people will find a way around just to conserve energy, like holo parenting or using the entity gates.
    Especially since these functions are used outside of ships/stations/anything with LS, just because they are so useful.

The idea of E2 using energy just seems silly to me.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Kanzuke wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:

The gyro doesn't, why should E2?

Also even if you do, people will find a way around just to conserve energy, like holo parenting or using the entity gates.
    Especially since these functions are used outside of ships/stations/anything with LS, just because they are so useful.

The idea of E2 using energy just seems silly to me.
    This is pretty much why I never brought the energy requirement back to gyropods and why this suggestion will never be implemented unless a very significant number of people want it. This isn't the first time that this idea has come around, I've thought of implementing it on quite a few occasions, but our community and ideas like this rarely work together unless I make it absolutely impossible to get around(which will probably just piss a bunch of people off).
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file