Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

lower maximum regulator radius?

OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
edited January 2013 in Suggestions #1
well, on server 2 I decided to try adn terraform ice planet. it failed, so I made a radius...
99999999999999 climate regulator. it regulated almost to earth and used 100K oxygen per second, but it was easily handled by rescource e2 (steamsource dynamo is awshum!). poeple started to get annoyed because someone else was doing the same, and it made the oxygen level reset on earth... but I decided to stop. basically, I dont think a climate regulator should be able to regulate half of the map and allow noclip in space, as thats just ridiculous and overpowered

also we need a better constraint than weld because I can have an e2 with more force than physgun can stop in yaw, but anything welded to it will go slowly and go ages away for some reason. would rope be more ffective and stop the ramscoops flying away? (yes, I finished the highspeed spinner to make lots of stuff... im hoping to make a self-supporting station soon.)

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    also we need a better constraint than weld

Parenting.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    parenting doesnt work well with extreme speed of spinning...
    im using a setangvel that executed 5000 times per second, and a setvel(vec(0,0,0)) to make it not move as much
    too bad physics borks ALL stuff...
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    im using a setangvel that executed 5000 times per second, and a setvel(vec(0,0,0)) to make it not move as much
    Yeah, the problem is totally the parenting, and has nothing to do with your shoddy physics manipulation.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Maybe stop making dumbass Expression 2s that break physics?
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    also I finished my spinning e2; it now spins stupidly fast and should give more oxy than anubis can make with his spinning wheel >:D

my bomb-ass space detective mind detects a hint of mad jelly

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    Lambda217 wrote:
    also I finished my spinning e2; it now spins stupidly fast and should give more oxy than anubis can make with his spinning wheel >:D

my bomb-ass space detective mind detects a hint of mad jelly
    Why would I be jealous of some e2 that creates a shitload of ent lag?
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    how did we get not one on-topic post so far?
    basically, there are two problems with clime regs right now:
    you can spam e on them to kill everyone
    you can regulate... far too much, for a low cost...

we need to fix deez life supports!
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Put simply, nothing needs to change with the regulator. The only thing that needs to change is the utter lack of a clamp on the multipliers you all love using so much, if you want something such as this changed, you'll be doing away with those ls e2s you all love first.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    what about the turning on/off consatantly? it makes a nothing atmosphere each time; that with crazy radius value and you get everyone on the server dying at once
  • A Knight Of NiA Knight Of Ni Registered Posts: 9
    Then go murder whoever is doing it and keep murdering them.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    I thought the default max radius of the climate reg was 4096?
    Did we edit that?
    there is a max, but its still ridiculously large...
    I mean, what ship needs to use 100K oxygen per second to regulate half the map? its more efficient to use air exchangers or multiple...
    you would probably regulate your enemy if you needed all the radius; not even a titan I think should be that large xD
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I mean, what ship needs to use 100K oxygen per second to regulate half the map? its more efficient to use air exchangers or multiple...
    you would probably regulate your enemy if you needed all the radius; not even a titan I think should be that large xD

I made a climate regulator that took the shape of your ship.. Worked flawlessly. Did something happen to it? It took a lot of work to make, and was extremely efficient.
    Amaroq wrote:

I made a climate regulator that took the shape of your ship.. Worked flawlessly. Did something happen to it? It took a lot of work to make, and was extremely efficient.
    You mean the LS core? I thought that was part of Environments... anyway it's not on the server anymore.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file