Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ban the SBEP Gravity Generator.

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited October 2012 in Suggestions #1
Just do it. It's an entity in SBEP that pulls stuff toward it. This is what Fruerlund said:
"Fruerlund: You need to block the gravity generator because of the following
Fruerlund: Any noob can join and set the value of a button to 9999999999
Fruerlund: And then wire the gravity of the Gravity generator to the button and it will pull all PROPS
Fruerlund: on the entire server
Fruerlund: To the generator
Fruerlund: = LOTSO F SPAZZ
Fruerlund: = CRASH!"

I know you Devs and Owners are gonna pull some bullshit saying "Just remove it when they spawn it" or "Tell them not to spawn it". No.
Fuck that. Remove these generators right away. I personally witnessed the crash caused by one. The stupidest noob could crash the server in seconds.

Sincerely, a very pissed off Anubis.
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    It's also against the rule "Don't be a dick", because you can literally shut down every ship on the map with it from anywhere.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • ThatCanadianThatCanadian Registered Posts: 16
    Whistle's silently... Darn why did I reveal the secret to my graviton torpedo :( . I have an idea thou what if we just disable the use of using a multiplyer of over 1 so you can do like 0-1 to make a button that can turn it on and off not on to 9999999 then off to 0. The main reason is because they could be used as a potential death weapon in SPACE mabey if you do a wire mult limit on it you could classify it as a SPACE only weapon and not allow then to be spawned/used on planets or within the affected area of space around spawn. Also mabey a limit because the gens as they are have no limit (or perhaps we could do the same thing the weapon system has where they require energy or somthing to use in order to make them work).

P.S they don't really spazz PARENTED ships at all really the only time you saw them in use was when I said who wants to test a grav bomb and a guy in a parented ship came and started spazzing because he was hitting the ground then bouncing back up in space they just move across space or don't move at all.

Thank you for considering this post I would appreciate if you took the time to read this instead of just banning them at the sight of the post's name and the 1st post.
    My ING: TheCanadianSpetsnaz
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Whistle's silently... Darn why did I reveal the secret to my graviton torpedo :( . I have an idea thou what if we just disable the use of using a multiplyer of over 1 so you can do like 0-1 to make a button that can turn it on and off not on to 9999999 then off to 0. The main reason is because they could be used as a potential death weapon in SPACE mabey if you do a wire mult limit on it you could classify it as a SPACE only weapon and not allow then to be spawned/used on planets or within the affected area of space around spawn. Also mabey a limit because the gens as they are have no limit (or perhaps we could do the same thing the weapon system has where they require energy or somthing to use in order to make them work).

P.S they don't really spazz PARENTED ships at all really the only time you saw them in use was when I said who wants to test a grav bomb and a guy in a parented ship came and started spazzing because he was hitting the ground then bouncing back up in space they just move across space or don't move at all.

Thank you for considering this post I would appreciate if you took the time to read this instead of just banning them at the sight of the post's name and the 1st post.
    Doing all that shit would require too much effort, and none of the lazy devs are going to want to do something like that to gm12. They only care for gm13 atm.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Doing all that shit would require too much effort, and none of the lazy devs are going to want to do something like that to gm12. They only care for gm13 atm.
    Good sir, I fail to see how insulting the Developers is, in any godforsaken way, an... intelligent.. path to get something done.

However, ignoring that - take note here. I have made limits on the controller, and if they are not enough - I will either tighten them, or add a Support Energy requirement to them.

Discuss further, in this thread, any other-such-encountered problems, and/or suggestions as to improve the Entity.

Cheers,
    Ninjr
    (The Developer who has far too little time)

Note: Changes recently made, may not be properly implemented until the next server restart/crash. I feel I have not broken anything, nor have I edited any-such Clientside file that would require me to Sync the Cache again. However if I have, please poke either Brandon or myself in Steam / Game / etc chat - and we'll fix it ASAP.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file