Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

secret lag reducing code

DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
edited August 2012 in Suggestions #1
Our old friend Smoot posted in the beta forums about network lag, and someone responded with this code. Do you guys use it?

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1200564&p=37046298&viewfull=1#post37046298

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    After that feel free to check out your network usage which can now be skyrocketed. That uncaps so much you'll run out of bandwidth sooner than enough. Also, when it comes to ping and CPU usage this will increase both, but that's what you wanted more or less. Try it.

Oh dear. It could probably be slightly increased though, it'd be a shame to waste GMod 13's negligible resource usage on a bandwidth of one semibyte per decade.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I had seen that command before, never really bothered turning it up though. Server now has it applied if anyone wants to go throw a few thousand props around or something.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • OmegaEpsilonOmegaEpsilon Registered Posts: 2
    Out of sheer boredom, I'd throw a few thousand props around just for kicks. But now you give me a reason too? The purpose, it is defeated.
    Losing all my avatars was a pain, now what was my old account again?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file