Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

The Minecraft 1.0.0 Update and You!

2»

Comments

• Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    For Talon I might suggest a mod supported biom lock.

Would it be Talon again? Would it not be a new name?
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Nielk1 wrote:
    Would it be Talon again? Would it not be a new name?

Up to Steeveeo at that point. I mean, it could be just a new portion of Baehr, if continuity is an issue. Same with Talon.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I thought that the seed would be completely different now, due to the fact that a couple biomes were switched in an out during development (i.e. PR2 where skylands were part of the biome list, and tundras and taigas being added back in properly in PR5), meaning that the compiled ranges would be completely different.

I think Talon will get itself a new world as well, with the old Talon being a side world where builders there can retrieve all their stuff through DupeBox (as long as it's not completely underground, though there are ways to use DupeBox in sections to dig those out). This all depends on how Amaroq's seed plays out as well.
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    That swamp map N1 hit upon is absolutely beautiful.
    Semi-random, but this is my current server's map, image reduced to 50% scale:

IsYjr.jpg

Spawn is in the center. It's not much right now, but that's mostly because I want room for people to build upon. Gets kind of boring when you're the only one doing the work.
    @AHadley, the problem with N1's map is that it's mostly swamp and ocean; like 10% swamp, 95% ocean. It's pretty, but not very practical for large-scale, persistent building.

@Amaroq, that looks interesting.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Actually Steeveeo my map is about 25% Ocean, 20% Mountain, 15% Swamp, 15% Planes, 15% Desert.
    Hey guys, tell me what you think about these two seeds I found. I tried a couple things I could come up with as replacements for our current worlds.

- Baehr's Replacement: Java is Crap
    Starts off next to some plains, mountains, and a swamp big enough to sate Nielk1's fascination with them.
    - Talon's Replacement: Plains and Rivers
    Rather gigantic snow area. Spawn is on the very edge of it, though. I flew out to Z 4500 before hitting non-snow landmass, but only had to fly to X 600. Spawn can be moved, however.
    I think all Snow biomes are equally huge. Well, mostly.

I dunno, I kind of really like my seed. It has some really, really awesome landscaping, and even some frozen ocean nearby.
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Steeveeo wrote:
    - Baehr's Replacement: Java is Crap
    Starts off next to some plains, mountains, and a swamp big enough to sate Nielk1's fascination with them.

Anybody want to volunteer to get the Testificates back in their homes before they can run away? The village just over the mountains seems to be missing a few doors :-/
This discussion has been closed.