Home Help and Tutorials
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

[Craftbook] Cauldron Recipes

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited July 2011 in Help and Tutorials #1
As noted in the announcement up top, we currently have Craftbook for Bukkit installed. Not only does this add fun stuff like redstone ICs and bridge stuff, but it also adds a fun little mechanism called a Cauldron.

To start off, a cauldron is simply a 2x2x2 block of air surrounded by smooth stone on all sides with lava on the bottom. To make a recipe, you toss all blocks involved in the recipe inside the cauldron, then right-click it with your bare hands. If the recipe is correct, it will make something and place it in your inventory. Some recipes require a glass barrier between the top and the lava to prevent things like gravel or sand from killing the lava. See here for more information: http://craftbook.sk89q.com/wiki/Cauldrons

Currently, we have several recipes that can be used to sacrifice some resources for better ones, and these are listed below. If you would like to request changes to the recipes or add new ones, feel free to comment in this thread! Please note that items cannot be used, as all recipe parts need to be placed as blocks. Also note that special blocks like colored wool cannot be specifically used, instead being counted as normal wool or whatever the base for that block is.

- Requires -
  • 3 Dirt
  • 2 Saplings
- Makes -
  • 2 Grass
- Requires -
  • 4 Gravel
  • Glass-bottomed Cauldron
- Makes -
  • 3 Flint
Notes: The reason this is in is because gravel only has a chance of dropping flint upon break, making a player have to grind and grind and grind by breaking his/her store of gravel until it's all flint, possibly taking up many shovels and much time. This is slightly balanced, however, as it does not give a 1:1 ratio back like grinding by hand would, but has a LARGE speed advantage.
- Requires -
  • 1 Snow Block
  • 1 Poured Waterbucket
  • Glass-bottomed Cauldron
- Makes -
  • 2 Ice
Notes: If you pour the water in after the snow, you will get a "This doesn't make anything" error. Just wait until the water fills the top and then right-click again.
- Requires -
  • 1 Dirt
  • 1 Wood Log
  • 1 Sapling
  • 1 Redstone Torch
- Makes -
  • 1 Apple
Notes: Added because apples only heal 2 hearts, which doesn't make their rarity worth it. Making a golden apple is very costly as well, again making the rarity not worth it.
- Requires -
  • 4 Cobblestone
  • 2 Grass
  • 1 Netherrack
- Makes -
  • 4 Mossy Cobblestone
Notes: I believe the Netherrack should balance this recipe, as you need to brave the Nether to get to it.
- Requires -
  • 3 Dirt
  • 1 Wood Log
  • Fire
- Makes -
  • 1 Pumpkin
Notes: While the lava will eventually light the wood log, the fire needed needs to be the block kind on top of a flammable source.
- Requires -
  • 2 Wool
  • 2 Soulsand
- Makes -
  • 1 Web
Notes: If this becomes too much of a griefing tool, I may remove it. However, the reason for that lies within the fact that it makes and EXCELLENT trap.
- Requires -
  • 3 Cobblestone
  • 1 Obsidian
- Makes -
  • 3 Sand
  • 1 Obsidian
Notes: Made when I found you could have multiple returns from a recipe. The thought behind this is that the obsidian is used to crush the stone into sand. The obsidian is not consumed in this recipe, simply given back to your inventory.
- Requires -
  • 1-8 Sandstone
    - Makes -
    • 4-24 Sand
Notes: This recipe takes any amount of sandstone and turns it into 4x sand. This is strictly a utility recipe, as Minecraft doesn't have a recipe built in for turning sandstone back into sand, making the change permanent (and with glass, sand is already limited enough).
- Requires -
  • 1 Sticky Piston
    - Makes -
    • 1 Piston
    • 1 Slimeball
Notes: This is a utility recipe, as there is no stock way of returning a piston to its original state.

Comments

• Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    I was not aware craftbook was updated for the latest version of Bukkit?
    Could you tell me what revision of CraftBook you are using as the official thread still says 1.4 or does that still work?
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Alex4921 wrote:
    I was not aware craftbook was updated for the latest version of Bukkit?
    Could you tell me what revision of CraftBook you are using as the official thread still says 1.4 or does that still work?
    3.0-alpha2
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Updated recipe list with latest content.
This discussion has been closed.