Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ban Request: Iketard

Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
edited March 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
Player [PGR]GalvazimGX told me that this player had done the following during a server playtime:
Please not, not all of these are against rules, but most of them (in my opinion) are easily bannable offenses.

http://www.mediafire.com/?b7amnl2bzbmj13w <<<The actual DEM

[PGR]GalvazimGX provided me with a DEM, put this in garrysmod/garrysmod and type in console
playdemo iketard

Offenses:
1 Was using hydrogen compressor, not water splitter (I know this isn't an offense, just read on)
2 Had assorted compressors and junk everywhere on spawn, no muting of sounds. (Just bear with me)
3 After he was politely told to stop this, aka remove the spam, mute the generators, he began trolling.
---Mass spawned windmill generators and oxygen compressors, and began to steal spawn air.
This was on the DEV server, and as of 2:12 AM EST, this was still going on.
He did this to get other players on the server to leave, according to how he acted on the server.

-Thank you, and thank you [PGR]GalvazimGX

Comments

• GalvazimGXGalvazimGX Registered Posts: 18
    Seriously I am dissapointed that these kind of people have not been appointed to moderation and this really sickens me. as much as I hate this but I am leaving diaspora because of this guys actions. you will see everything when you play that dem file. Wake up Steeveeo. you need to ban these kind of people and listen more to player's calls
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    A demo or video is normally very helpful in deciding these, so thanks for that.

However, it did not record anyone dying from it or any real "trolling", just that he was fed up with people yelling at him about it. I have seen the way some people "ask" others to not use compressors, and it is quite grating at times. He said he was compressing hydrogen the first time around, no crime in that, it's readily available to everyone and won't kill people when it's missing. Too many people overreact to the simple things nowadays, really...
    GalvazimGX wrote:
    Seriously I am dissapointed that these kind of people have not been appointed to moderation and this really sickens me. as much as I hate this but I am leaving diaspora because of this guys actions. you will see everything when you play that dem file. Wake up Steeveeo. you need to ban these kind of people and listen more to player's calls

If you want to leave because of a single user in a single session, go ahead. But what you just said in this post is INCREDIBLY rude and insensitive. Fuhrball and I are providing this service to you for FREE, meaning that we DO NOT HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD TO TEND TO IT. I have posted here and told SEVERAL people about my current workload in college. Yes, college, meaning THAT is my priority, not this. This is something I do in my spare time, something that is NOT limitless. Got it?

On the matter of Iketard: I can do nothing without a SteamID, and the DEM file really doesn't capture anything extreme or an end result. However, draining the spawn is considered an attack on spawn. After taking what evidence I have into account, and depending on whether or not I can get a SteamID and any further evidence, I will set his ban for 24 hours, since this is the first offense.
    Look all im saying is that you have to take your job more seriously. I am admin of two servers and I dont tolerate rule breaking whatsoever
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    GalvazimGX wrote:
    Look all im saying is that you have to take your job more seriously. I am admin of two servers and I dont tolerate rule breaking whatsoever

Actually, Galvazim, we OWN these servers. We pay for them. We don't have to do a damn thing if we don't want to. We do the things we do out of principle, not of need. I myself have college, and am interested in a few other things.

Believe it or not, Gmod isn't my life. We do stuff when we can to handle stuff like this, but honestly.. it's pretty limited. We have appointed Moderators on the servers, but they aren't around 24/7. Most of the regulars are currently busy with other things as well.

If you don't like it here, no one is forcing you, or even asking you to stay. Like you said, you have two servers. You can play there, where everything is exactly how you like it.

Not to mention that our servers are still developing. Most of our stuff is WIP, this has been addressed for quite some time. Like Steeveeo said, if you've got some kind of criticism to give us, you REALLY need to learn to come up with less offensive ways to put it.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    Steeveeo wrote:
    On the matter of Iketard: I can do nothing without a SteamID

Note taken, thank you for reviewing this.
    Amaroq wrote:
    GalvazimGX wrote:

Actually, Galvazim, we OWN these servers. We pay for them. We don't have to do a damn thing if we don't want to. We do the things we do out of principle, not of need. I myself have college, and am interested in a few other things.

Believe it or not, Gmod isn't my life. We do stuff when we can to handle stuff like this, but honestly.. it's pretty limited. We have appointed Moderators on the servers, but they aren't around 24/7. Most of the regulars are currently busy with other things as well.

If you don't like it here, no one is forcing you, or even asking you to stay. Like you said, you have two servers. You can play there, where everything is exactly how you like it.

Not to mention that our servers are still developing. Most of our stuff is WIP, this has been addressed for quite some time. Like Steeveeo said, if you've got some kind of criticism to give us, you REALLY need to learn to come up with less offensive ways to put it.
    well if you and steeveeo werent keeping your mods for yourselves by monopolizing this server like a greedy pig would do, I would have started my server with those mods. and I could have just banned him there
  • gunnar666spawngunnar666spawn Registered Posts: 7

My name is Gunnar, I was on the server about halfway in to Iketards "Idiocracy", Galv was in a call with me for almost the whole time that Iketard was Being an inconsiderate ass, Yes he is free to do what he wants on the server as long as he follows the rules of the server, but according to Steeveo it is an attack on Spawn because the fact that it destroys the atmosphere and oxygen...

What Galv meant that he is admin on 2 servers he did not mean admin on Diaspora. What i believe he meant by that is that as an authoritative figure you need to enforce the rules and also stop Minges such as iketard...

I understand that gmod is not your life, nor do you have to be online 24/7, But if your server is under attack by a minge People wont want to come back ...

Also Iketard trapped me in his shield that he put next to the teleport, when you through the left teleport once you leave spawn, and he laughed at me so i rpg'ed his shield in an attempt to get out...

Im sorry if you think of me as an asshole but i am a newcomer to Spacebuild and had a great experience with Galv when he was teaching me the basics of this awesome addon, What i despise in any Gamemode is minges that either Ruin others fun, or their experience. My experience on both of your servers were great until that Idiot started to annoy my friend Galv and I.
    Galvazim, we are not making money on this, we are not being paid, we are PAYING to keep this service up. This is not a damned job, this is a hobby. I don't care if you're an admin elsewhere, but you seem to think that we have all the time in the world to watch the servers and pass out bans left and right 24/7.
    GalvazimGX wrote:
    well if you and steeveeo werent keeping your mods for yourselves by monopolizing this server like a greedy pig would do, I would have started my server with those mods. and I could have just banned him there
    Insulting us will just you booted from the community swifter than the guy in the ban request. If Fuhrball or any other admin wanted to kick you out after a comment like that, I would not stop them.

Besides, you guys still haven't provided a SteamID or concrete proof that he ACTUALLY drained spawn or put up said containment shield (which, by the way, are very easy to noclip out of). Take screenshots, logs, and/or demos of the ACTUAL incident, dangit.

A quick note, whatever happened to good old fashioned Frontier Justice? When the law is away, and someone is attacking you, fight back! There are SO MANY TOOLS you can use to counter a minge, for some reason people seem to have forgotten that fact.
    My name is Gunnar, I was on the server about halfway in to Iketards "Idiocracy", Galv was in a call with me for almost the whole time that Iketard was Being an inconsiderate ass, Yes he is free to do what he wants on the server as long as he follows the rules of the server, but according to Steeveo it is an attack on Spawn because the fact that it destroys the atmosphere and oxygen...

What Galv meant that he is admin on 2 servers he did not mean admin on Diaspora. What i believe he meant by that is that as an authoritative figure you need to enforce the rules and also stop Minges such as iketard...

I understand that gmod is not your life, nor do you have to be online 24/7, But if your server is under attack by a minge People wont want to come back ...

Also Iketard trapped me in his shield that he put next to the teleport, when you through the left teleport once you leave spawn, and he laughed at me so i rpg'ed his shield in an attempt to get out...

Im sorry if you think of me as an asshole but i am a newcomer to Spacebuild and had a great experience with Galv when he was teaching me the basics of this awesome addon, What i despise in any Gamemode is minges that either Ruin others fun, or their experience. My experience on both of your servers were great until that Idiot started to annoy my friend Galv and I.

I don't think of you as that at all. And I understand your concerns fully.

Honestly, the only problem I actually had was Gal's methods for letting us know. It's fine to let us know of an issue, but there are other ways other than being an insulting asshat. How you brought it to attention is a much better method.

So, tell me, since we're both here.. Would any of this show up on, say, ULX logs? If so, we can make a decision based on that, if you can get a hold of a steamID.
    edited March 2011 #11
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Galvazim, we are not making money on this, we are not being paid, we are PAYING to keep this service up. This is not a damned job, this is a hobby. I don't care if you're an admin elsewhere, but you (and now you, gunnar) seem to think that we have all the time in the world to watch the servers and pass out bans left and right 24/7.
    GalvazimGX wrote:
    Insulting us will just you booted from the community swifter than the guy in the ban request. If Fuhrball or any other admin wanted to kick you out after a comment like that, I would not stop them.

Besides, you guys still haven't provided a SteamID or concrete proof that he ACTUALLY drained spawn or put up said containment shield (which, by the way, are very easy to noclip out of). Take screenshots, logs, and/or demos of the ACTUAL incident, dangit.

A quick note, whatever happened to good old fashioned Frontier Justice? When the law is away, and someone is attacking you, fight back! There are SO MANY TOOLS you can use to counter a minge, for some reason people seem to have forgotten that fact.
    You know what. I really dont fucking care if I get booted. because the server is full of minges and assholes

EDIT: You know im just gonna stick to the dev server so only me and gunner are the only ones there. problem is that the doors wont spawn
    GalvazimGX wrote:
    You know what. I really dont fucking care if I get booted. because the server is full of minges and assholes

Kay. Goodbye then. Have a nice life. Dunno how much you'll be missed. With a whiny, rage-y attitude like that, I highly doubt it will be much.
    oh so you are booting me. from what?
    In response, lol i tried noclipping out of it, got bounced back, rpg to the shield deflected it back... I will keep fraps running from now on because now i have a reason to lol :D... If anything you guys should have moderators on the server, so that way you guys dont have to feel obligated to be on all the time, it would be nice just to play the game rather then dealing with idiots..
    In response, lol i tried noclipping out of it, got bounced back, rpg to the shield deflected it back... I will keep fraps running from now on because now i have a reason to lol :D... If anything you guys should have moderators on the server, so that way you guys dont have to feel obligated to be on all the time, it would be nice just to play the game rather then dealing with idiots..

Believe me, we know this. Finding good Mods is a lot more difficult than you think. Hence why we tend to go from past experience, for people who show good judgement. I'm sure you can testify this for yourself, but this is infinitely more difficult to find in people than it seems.
    O and i just remembered.. if u guys have Rcon access you should be able to view the steam id's of those that were on at the time of Iketard
    if u need a Mod u should go through some tests with them, i guess.. :S
    O and i just remembered.. if u guys have Rcon access you should be able to view the steam id's of those that were on at the time of Iketard

I was looking through the ULX logs to see what you're referring to. Can you give me the exact date, and relative time of when this happened?
    Also if you think that your mods if u ever get any are not trustworthy, give them access to kick only, and if it wasnt for a good reason then you can add a deletion delay / Votekick if ulx has that (not positive on it)
    I believe the time frame was from 12-2 E.S.T
    It usually takes a couple tries to noclip out from what I remember. However, if it doesn't work, you can make a quick E2 that will teleport you to a safe location.

Try this (writing this here, no way to error check, but should work):
    @name Teleport
    @inputs
    @outputs
    @trigger

runOnChat(1)

if(chatClk(owner()) & lastSaid():lower() == "/tp")
    {
         Vec = owner():aimPos()
         owner():setPosition(Vec+vec(0,0,10))
    }

There is actually a built-in recorder for Source games, as shown with the DEM file posted. However, it is IMPERATIVE that you actually record the incident and not just light chatter (as shown in the DEM file posted).

On a side note, I think ULX logging is broken, the latest logs are from December 22nd and there's a ULX_DoCFG hook error on startup.
    Meh, well you win some you lose some... The minge escaped this time XD we will keep tabs on him if he comes back in the server
    Meh, well you win some you lose some... The minge escaped this time XD we will keep tabs on him if he comes back in the server

Thank you for your input. We will be on the lookout for him if he decides to come back.
    Here is his steamid
    STEAM_0:0:25962046
This discussion has been closed.