Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Random / Unecessary Server Resets

hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
edited May 2013 in Tech Support #1
I'm not trying to apportion any blame, and I can appreciate this is probably an accidental event. I apologise if this comes across as such.
So, I have finally been back on the server for the first time in a while (Easter holidays, I love you!) but I decided to rip down some of the ugly structures behind my house. After putting all the stuff I'd torn down in chests (including a brand new diamond axe) I logged off. I've just logged back in to find the server rolled back (cant tell how far - 12 hours, 36h or even 3 weeks, I don't know), but my inventory is as it was when I logged out, but nothing else is.

I'm not that fussed about the axe, but does anyone know what is causing the rollback (which did not seem to have reason) and is there anyway to prevent it from recurring.

Edit- Just checked in sandbox, and the house the me and AHadley built on Friday (as a plan for some future buildings) has also been lost to the rollback, and I'm left with the starts of another project, which I tore down earlier in the week. Still not pissed off about the axe, but I am pissed off about the house.
[minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I have no idea, I haven't touched the thing in a while now.

Is it a recurring thing? Or is this one instance?
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    One instance we've noticed. Activity is real low, so I doubt we'd know for certain. Unfortunately, the house was real nice and will be a pain to remake
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Well, if you guys are really worried about your stuff getting lost, feel free to run the /backup command as you see fit, that should still be working.
  • hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
    I'm pretty sure the backup system is still working (I saw the automatic backup messages in the console).

Also, after having given it more thought, there may have been two of these rollbacks last week (I tore down and old project in sandbox, logged in a while after, and it was still there, but I didn't think anything of it at the time.
    [minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    This kinda reminds me of what was happening on the Tekkit server before it went down, random chunks were being reverted throughout the world. Hopefully its nothing related to that at all, because that was just a big bloody mess.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    LtBrandon wrote:
    This kinda reminds me of what was happening on the Tekkit server before it went down, random chunks were being reverted throughout the world. Hopefully its nothing related to that at all, because that was just a big bloody mess.
    Or the time random lines of water appeared and deleted everything they touched, and filled in any empty spaces they came across >.>
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Or the time random lines of water appeared and deleted everything they touched, and filled in any empty spaces they came across >.>
    That one was my bad.
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    That didn't have anything to do with me and your house, did it? :D
This discussion has been closed.