Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server #1 Outage

andrbootandrboot Registered, Administrator Posts: 46
edited March 2013 in General #1
Hi Guys,

Just letting you know Server #1 is offline at present, due to a hardware failure, currently awaiting a replication to finish before it comes back online.

Will be updating this post with more information once things have sorted themselves out.
Known as Clakattack ... or "ClakofDeath" xD

Comments

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Gosh, it's nothin' but outages and network problems with you!

/kidding

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • andrbootandrboot Registered, Administrator Posts: 46
    Well yea, it has been a painful 3 weeks :(
    Essentially, we killed both drives so combination of pulling from before the move and a backup restore, (isn't life grand).
    Currently awaiting a nice SSD to add to the system to ensure we won't have this problem anytime soon so it will be a day or two before it comes back up again.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    andrboot wrote:
    Currently awaiting a nice SSD to add to the system to ensure we won't have this problem anytime soon so it will be a day or two before it comes back up again.

...how much is that gonna cost D:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • andrbootandrboot Registered, Administrator Posts: 46
    Okay

Good news/ bad news:
    Server is coming up soonish, Stable on my end, had a few blue screen / break moments today which meant few hours delayed downtime.
    Currently Devs are working on a few things.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Should be 100% operational within the hour, just working out a few bugs in my updates.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Should be 100% operational within the hour, just working out a few bugs in my updates.
    Yay! :D

Edit: Has wiremod been updated? There was a bug with keyboards and APCs that made you disable the keyboard, and I'm currently working on a navigation computer terminal that needs a keyboard for input.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    So, what killed it this time? The server status says it was up for all of about an hour and now it's back offline.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:
    So, what killed it this time? The server status says it was up for all of about an hour and now it's back offline.
    We put the server on an SSD, and fell asleep before the copy finished :D
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Okay, so it was back up last night, and I wake up today to see that now BOTH servers are down.

Why this time? Did someone forget to turn on the auto-restarter?
  • TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Okay, so it was back up last night, and I wake up today to see that now BOTH servers are down.
    Server 2 was up and running just fine 5 hours ago... It crashed this morning, but it quickly started back up again.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    server #1 is up super hard

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file