Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Sharing Dupes for the sake of stability

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited March 2011 in Suggestions #1
I was wondering if we can share dupes, I'm working on another Resources center all automated which I would like to share once finished, one that would lower server usage to a minimum as well as vid lag. Main point about that station would be to share it between peoples so that server ain't spammed with resources center all over the place, and, that you don't have to add resources gathing entities on your ship, thus, lowering lag and shit.

What I'm asking is, can I share dupes? Make it public?
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    We disabled the Advanced Duplicator public folder due to this kind of system. While some, like you, may use it for good, others put their useless, laggy crap in there that other people spawn incessantly and cause issues.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    I would like to note that no one puts minimums in their ships. It seems that most are compelled to put the largest sized storage into every available space, so this system could possibly be semi-useless, seeing how it would be drained by completely filling ships.

I will, however, gladly support it, and make a suggestion:
    Perhaps disperse to the most active players, then the center could always be placed when needed. (Since there is no access to public duplications)
    I would say moderators and/or administrators, but we do not have as many as active players (Roy, 100, yourself, myself, Whalegod, my other enemies :o , Lucky, Rema, etc, etc)

PS. My first emoticon on this forum :shock:

PPS. My second
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Well, maybe we could submit some dupes for review. I know it could become a overwhelming task in itself, but maybe only give that opportunity to higher ranks.
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
    If you wish to share your dupes, just go into the Showcase forum, post some info and screenshots, and upload the dupe as an attachment.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    So simple, and yet...
    So simple...
    Nevermind
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    isn't there a way to disable saving to the public folder, yet have it so that people can load from it?
    viperfan7 wrote:
    isn't there a way to disable saving to the public folder, yet have it so that people can load from it?

Not without making changes to the Lua that would get overwritten each update. Just use the showcase forum, really.
  • viperfan7viperfan7 Registered Posts: 60
    ah k, I just seem to rememeber a long time ago adv dupe had that built in

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file