Home What's In Store
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Factions Reborn

2»

Comments

• Mr.Niceguy976Mr.Niceguy976 Registered Posts: 33
    roychook wrote:
    just wondering when is this going to take affect by any chance its probably been a long time since anyone has checked this but anyways it sounds really interesting my question is if there is going to be some hierarchy in each faction so somone can manage it or i just missed that part :D

Ditto! I'd be glad to help getting this into action.
    MrNiceguy9765.jpg
    geo.php
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Well, I kept meaning to do this, but finally going to do it now. I didn't get too awfully far with the Lua behind Factions, and I can't get my self to be interested in developing for Garrysmod (let alone this), so might as well post it here for anyone who wants to tinker with it.

I've included what assets I have for it in an attachment below. Lua Developers: go nuts.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I'll look into doing something with it. Anyone else please feel free to do things as well, I'm still not quite sure if I'll have time to work on it :lol:
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Reserving faction name "Starfuckers Incorporated"!

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    As much as I'm being a necro here..

I am still working on this, I just hadn't had much time this year to look into doing it. If I finish it by the time Garry's Mod 13 comes out I'll make sure to throw it onto the server.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • Mr.Niceguy976Mr.Niceguy976 Registered Posts: 33
    Geesus, i wish Garry released GMOD 13! Because let's face it, Source engine, frankly, sucks now and pales in comparison to other engines.
    MrNiceguy9765.jpg
    geo.php
  • Snowden42Snowden42 Registered Posts: 3
    http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/745 ... remod-Team)

Anticept said yesterday it's still in (slow) development.
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Actually, Source is one of the more advanced and, along with Unreal 3, is one of the best for game developers. I'm suprised it isn't used more.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Still waiting for a nice stable source engine with all the enhancements of games like L4D and Portal 2 while still having support to load older content (that doesn't mess up the existing GMOD licensing and system).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file