Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Remote Repair Modules

Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
edited August 2012 in Suggestions #1
Alright, I got a suggestion to encourage ships being used for purposes other than "Tank damage, shoot shit", "Dodge damage, shoot shit", or "Mine stuff, get shot". Remote repair modules! Choose from a Remote Shield Infuser, Remote Armor-Fixing Nanite Swarm, or Remote Hull Repair! (for the abundance of hull tankers). Give em' a target core (cause a aim vector would be purposeless), and engage them! Watch as a hastily made particle effect emerges from them and bathes the target (or aims 90 degrees away from the target if we can get Brandon to code it). Finally, wonder as the receiving ship's core is repaired at greater effectiveness and lower capacitator cost than if the target did it with their own upgrades! Perfect for the caring player.

They'd need some exploit protection, though. No repairing your own stuff, as someTHELone could just stick one inside their hull and make it even easier for their cruiser to out-regenerate everything. And even if they did have proper EVE-style repair drones for their ship (which, in EVE, also can't be used on yourself), they'd be about one cadet's dickwidth in size and applyForce round the ship at about Mach Fuck, making them impossible to hit and shit for the SV. See? I plan for everything. Of course, some two cockmates could just put some remote repair drones inside each other's ship, but that'd probably be justification enough to phase inside and see if the repairbots can fix a fully-functional fusion nuke.

Bring on the logistics!

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    This was already an idea a while ago. Instead of a cone-effect, though, it was a beam, and it could not repair the core it was linked to.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:
    This was already an idea a while ago. Instead of a cone-effect, though, it was a beam, and it could not repair the core it was linked to.
    What he said.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    As factions come into play this would be more useful than ever, as it would give stations in a fleet a purpose outside of "sit there and hold my ore." So +1 for this idea

Also, it can't just be me that finds Lambda's posts fucking hilarious

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Lambda217 wrote:

They'd need some exploit protection, though. No repairing your own stuff, as someTHELone could just stick one inside their hull and make it even easier for their cruiser to out-regenerate everything.
    Oh my god, I couldn't stop fucking laughing. I still laugh. Now my sides hurt. Excuse me while I grab 2 liters of water.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Lambda217 wrote:

They'd need some exploit protection, though. No repairing your own stuff, as someTHELone could just stick one inside their hull and make it even easier for their cruiser to out-regenerate everything.
    Oh my god, I couldn't stop fucking laughing. I still laugh. Now my sides hurt. Excuse me while I grab 2 liters of water.
    Do not necro-post if you are not going to add anything of worth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file