Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

[IMPORTANT] Connection/Crashing Issues

LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
edited March 2014 in General #1
Since we moved to the workshop addons instead of FastDL it has come to our attention that using certain sounds can and will crash everyone on the server and prevent anyone from joining until the server is restarted. When the crash happens and you are on the server, your game will freeze up and after a while everyone will lose connection to the server. If the crash has already happened, your game will lock up while trying to connect. If you are experiencing this issue, please post and if possible include what time the crash occured in -8 GMT so we can make sure people can join.

I'm currently investigating the issue and trying to fix it ASAP. If I can't get it fixed within the next few days I will remove the sounds until I have time to recreate them.

If you know a sound, entity, or weapon that causes this crash please include it in your post.

Known Causes:
Weapon: Fighter Pulse Laser
Sound: lasers/small/laser.wav
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file