Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Upcoming changes

JoeyJoey Registered Posts: 49
edited April 2011 in Suggestions #1
Here are some upcoming changes made by Zardian, I am in no way involved with the making of these as I only did a very few suggestions on what to fix/balance.

[BALANCE] Core Healthpoints divided by a factor of 3. (Undone the buff.)
[BALANCE] Mining storage (Metal & Carbon) capacities reduced to 15k, 30k, 50k and 100k per appropriate sizes.
[BALANCE] Mining storage (Ore) capacities reduced to 50k, 100k, 250k and 500k.

Applied Updates:
[FIX] Applied core detonation effect for fusion overheat. (temp fix, i dare not fiddle with the actual broken effect)
[BALANCE] Laser Blaster energy cost reduced to 1200 and damage increased by 50.
[BALANCE] Fusion steam generation reduced from .92 to .60
[BALANCE] (frigate) Torpedo max speed reduced to 3500
[BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo energy cost reduced to 600k and metal cost of 10k (per missile) added.
[BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo Ship damage raised to 60k, explosion to 20k and shield to 10k
[BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo Missile build time changed to 60 seconds and delay between shots to 30.

Zardian or me will update this thread when there will be new changes planned.
Feel free to post suggestions or your opinion.

Note that these are planned changes and are posted here to get ur opinions regarding them, they are currently applied on the dev srv as a test build of sorts. feel free to post any suggestions, whine or other random share (regarding this) here.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I agree with the ones below, but the others not so much. Also, I came to notice that the Ion Cannon explosion seems to do the same thing as the Fusion explosion so you might want to take a look at fixing that.
    [FIX] Applied core detonation effect for fusion overheat. (Temp fix, I dare not fiddle with the actual broken effect)
    [BALANCE] Mining storage (Metal & Carbon) capacities reduced to 15k, 30k, 50k and 100k per appropriate sizes.
    [BALANCE] Mining storage (Ore) capacities reduced to 50k, 100k, 250k and 500k.[BALANCE] Frigate Homing Torpedo max speed reduced to 3500
    [BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo energy cost reduced to 600k and metal cost of 10k (per missile) added.
    [BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo Ship damage raised to 60k, explosion to 20k and shield to 10k

Now I also recommend that you do the core debuff, but only by half as you'll likely make a large lot mad, and it's really only going to make everything die faster and might turn people away from smaller ships more. With the fusion steam generation, it's better to leave it as is, all you'd be doing is making people(Not including myself here I'd use other methods) use more fusions etc to get the steam. There's quite a lot you can do balancing wise, and if you do it right and make everyone happy you get 9001 cookies.

Here's a few other things you may want to work on.
    EMP torpedoes do nothing give them some damage or make them work like they should(Also scale that effect down a bit, it's a bit huge) maybe make them able to damage core shields and sg shields?

Make weapons take a core slot(I'm seriously tired of fighters with weapon spam and cruiser weapons) 

Make large ships less wanted with some limitations and rules for them, such as making the gyro max speed get slower by 10 mph per 20 m or so on the radius.

Check through the weapons and fix/remove any that don't work.

Make cores check if things are invisible and if they are have it not include them in the stat calculation.

That's all I have on my mind currently, good day to you gentlemen.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • JoeyJoey Registered Posts: 49
    [BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo Missile build time changed to 60 seconds and delay between shots to 30.

Note: this and updates above have been aplied into the real srv, kiss goodbye to ur ubercores.
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    Also kiss goodbye to space battles lasting longer than a couple of seconds(Minute at max) and say hello to even huger ships in order to get a large enough core to last long.
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
    Oh really now? Just when Zardian wanted to implement the changes, everyone suddenly starts complaining at the last fucking moment. If you all dislike the core nerfing, why the fuck post just when it was going to get implemented? Apparently you guys don't seem to care that much unless i'm wrong.´

lol i like editing joeys posts, zardnote here again, the deployment into real srv was delayed by some odd issues with all the custom stuff refusing to load or such.
    Erm joey, not everyone checks the forums so often that they would notice a change post that was only around for a few hours. I did say in my post that some people were likely to be mad when they saw it.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Personally, I have an idea about the cores. Why not make the amount of health buffing scale with the size? It's much higher when it's smaller, and slowly whittles down as you get bigger?

So basically: Med size 30 prop ship: Health Mult is, an example, 5. Large Size 80 prop ship: Health mult is 2-1.5 . So smaller ships still have a nice amount of health, but when it get's bigger, it decreases almost exponentially, so while you DO have more health, Smaller ships still have a large chance of not dying.
    8:18 PM - Joey Leon: I think I got a good idea
    8:19 PM - Joey Leon: Class cores, a fighter core only allows fighter weapons
    8:19 PM - Joey Leon: And then you can make an anti titan weapon for fighters
    8:19 PM - Joey Leon: Not too strong tough
    8:19 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Excellent
    8:19 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: What stops a dude putting a titan core on a fighte
    8:19 PM - Joey Leon: Well
    8:19 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Or would they scale according to amount of props/propsize etc etc
    8:19 PM - Joey Leon: Like at 50k hp, you wouldn't be able to use a fighter core anymore
    8:20 PM - Joey Leon: So it just pops off like a gyro does with too big fuel storage
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: That is fucking beastly
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: No not like that
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: If your ship gets too big
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: It automatically turns from a fighter core to a frigate core
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: And all the fighter weps just refuse to firr
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: fire
    8:20 PM - Joey Leon: Oh yeah
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: or explode
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: or spark and die
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Or just catch fire
    8:20 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Or something funny
    8:21 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Trouble iwth that is if you are flying a titan
    8:21 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: 10 small shuttles besiege you
    8:21 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Would require tons of work
    8:21 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: New effects
    8:21 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: new weapons
    8:21 PM - Joey Leon: I know.
    8:21 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Thousands of lines of LUA
    8:22 PM - Joey Leon: But it seems the second solution to titan killing
    8:22 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: This solution is much more elegant
    8:22 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: But then it would stop weps like the asgard beam being used on titans
    8:22 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: As they are useful for any type of ship
    8:22 PM - Joey Leon: Yep
    8:22 PM - Joey Leon: We'd just have an asgard beam for capitals.
    8:23 PM - Joey Leon: Asgard bean mk9000
    8:23 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Different classes of beam for each ship
    8:23 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: For a frigate=Asgard Laser
    8:23 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Cruiser=Asgard Beam
    8:23 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Titan=Asgard Ray
    8:23 PM - Joey Leon: I got an idea for the fighter anti-capital weapons tough
    8:23 PM - AI | Todd.Puffer: Auto turrets?
    8:24 PM - Joey Leon: No, some sort of missile which is very slow and causes the fighter itself to malfunction
    8:24 PM - Joey Leon: For a few seconds
    8:24 PM - Joey Leon: The missile does huge damage to ships with a capital core
    8:24 PM - Joey Leon: To other barely any
    8:25 PM - Joey Leon: Now I just need Zardian to accept this
    8:26 PM - Joey Leon: I higly doubt this will happpen
    8:26 PM - Joey Leon: Zardian doesn't has the knowledge to do this
    Joey Leon is now Offline.

Just read that,outlines a system like the one suggested above.
    Alex4921 wrote:

-insert text pile that isn't in spoiler-

Just read that,outlines a system like the one suggested above.

I'll take this or fuhrs idea, I like both and if zard won't do it eat his head >:O. Either way, fuhrs idea takes less code to do but the idea joey had would likely work better. I'm still going to say that weapons need to take a core slot, and that the gyro should slow down based on the ship size.

• KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    How about weapons that are not attached to a ship? I just broke your idea.
    Katelyn wrote:
    How about weapons that are not attached to a ship? I just broke your idea.
    They just don't fire or if you try to fire spark like shit.
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    simple dear katie, no core = no weapons
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
    Then you just broke every turret.

Edit: And every drone without a core.
    Katelyn wrote:

Housten we have a problem,quite a serious problem.

SOLUTION:
    Make guns WITHOUT and ONLY WITHOUT(Not with wrong size) core just consume 3x the amount of resources.
    That isn't a solution, it just nerfs people that use turrets and makes drones require more LS. Infact all it will do is make people spam more LS.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the core detect nocolided props as well as the welds? If so then turrets can still work fine, just nocolide the guns to the ship.

LtBrandon wrote:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the core detect nocolided props as well as the welds? If so then turrets can still work fine, just nocolide the guns to the ship.
    You have been corrected as being wrong.
    That's disabled to prevent props elsewhere influencing core.

EG:Fighter with a huge spacestation elsewhere NC'd to it,causing tons of health(Or just EvilCorp's)
    We are going to make most of these changes, as soon as we get devs working on it.

The only people who don't like their ships and weapons nerfed like this are the ones who spam the everloving hell out of them, and props, and I honestly couldn't care less if those types of people are upset with it.
    Oh people one thing at a time please.
    Fuhr I suggested that idea to Zardian too, but the problem is dealing damage enough to get trough the crazy repairs.
    If we would nerf repair, people would just go for more HP ships. My idea involved some crazy weapon which deals lots of damage to Capital cores and the Fighter itself would either get: "EMP'd", lots of resources are drained to recover or you can only fly on Energy for some time, but we need multiple Devs working on that as it seems pretty hard to implement.
    So far, I have come up with three distinct things to work on. These are the BIG things, not the small details. Those will come later.
      1. - Health will exponentially get worse Multipliers. Small Fighters will get a Health mult of, say, 5. Not set in stone, but an example. As you get bigger, and add more volume to your ship, this number slowly lowers. So small ships like fighters will get a rather nice health bonus, while bigger ships will still get and have more health, but not nearly as much. So You won't end up with giant fucking capitals/titans with 12 mil health or other bullshit. Make having huge ships not the end all/win everything mode.

2. - I want to tie cores to weapons. Not in the same way you might be thinking, though. Weapons, depending on the class, will only be able to be used by that type of ship. This also includes making ship types depending on health, and possible some other factors. So a Capital ship can only use a certain amount of Capital weapons, and can't have a bunch of tiny Frigate/Fighter weapons all over it. Same goes for Fighters, with no Capital weapons. This will reduce the amount of weapon spam by a crapton, as well as not overpowering huge ships with every type of weapon imaginable.

3. - I want to have different weapons effects different types of ships differently. So a Capital Weapon will not affect a Fighter the same way it would a capital. This could be differences in damage, what part of the HP gets effected, or in the cases of some weapons (Such as the Tracer Beam cannons,) certain types of ships might even get things like a Dodge Chance. It's easy to just auto-aim tracer weapons and ships, and completely destroy them. So for similar types of weapons, I propose a Dodge Chance to them. Fighters will obviously have a lot more than say, a Capital.

I honestly think that these kinds of changes will allow for many different types of ships to fight rather equally. There are a crapton of little nuances that need to be covered, but these are just the very basics, the largest problems we have. The amounts/number will be decided, but these are the changes I think we should make.
      If you want dodging look at antimatters,they aim to the right every single time you try to kill something with them.
      Geez this has turned into a chat thread, keep chatter to minimum pls :/
      meanwhile the following changes have been applied into the real server:

[FIX] Applied core detonation effect for fusion overheat. (temp fix, i dare not fiddle with the actual broken effect)
      [BALANCE] Fusion steam generation reduced from .92 to .60
      [BALANCE] (frigate) Torpedo max speed reduced to 3500

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    • roychookroychook Registered Posts: 23
      but any weapon that is linked to a node and u link nodes to cores and make cores do something with normal energy so u have a reason to link them
      ..what?
    • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
      Katelyn wrote:

How about we have a turret core, that can support any weapon, but not change position?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
      Not change position? How would that fix anything? Turrets move with ships and drones move around as well.

You're also overly complicating the system.
    • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
      Katelyn wrote:
      Not change position? How would that fix anything? Turrets move with ships and drones move around as well.

You're also overly complicating the system.
      Turrets that move with ships would be protected by the ship core itself. ;)

Also, if we actually need a specialty core, we can just make a drone core that goes dormant with the flip of a switch so as not to overwrite the ship's main core.
      This was in the context of weapons not firing unless attached to a core. He suggested a separate core for turrets that doesn't move.
    • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
      Katelyn wrote:
      This was in the context of weapons not firing unless attached to a core. He suggested a separate core for turrets that doesn't move.
      I'm not seeing what the problem in understanding is here. He was talking about a specialized core that is basically what the "Station Core" is that the Dev team have murmured about for some time now.
    • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
      Uh-huh, I'm talking about planet defense turrets here. Ship turrets could be powered from the ship core.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
      Not if they have to be welded to the ship to work.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
    Emoji
    Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
    Drop image/file