Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Bring Back Mjölnirs

Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
edited September 2016 in Suggestions #1
Mjölnirs. The ultimate saltmaker. Rapid-fire AOE homing weapons. Orange balls of lightning, fired in mass. They rapidly home in on enemies in bouncy swarms, but they don't even need to make contact, as any fighter even somewhat close to their path gets shocked by arcs of lightning. The bouncing, damage, and confusion caused by the SFX allow the rest of the swarm to catch up, circling their quarry, discharging their lethal energy in an ever tightening orbit until they make actual hull contact and then actually explode in a big boom, unless they get stuck inside the ship and start melting all the props at once, because why the fuck not.

They were an icon of Diaspora. Bring them home.

The Mjölnirs I've lost... the frigates I've lost to the Mjölnirs... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Comments

• woothiewoothie Registered Posts: 44
    +1

• OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    +1
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    FA2F26B4C6F6B6999009063A2760F58DB3475270
    +1

On a more serious note: This is one of the things I've been wanting to do, but the current system makes it a bit complex (since projectiles are literally just effects on the client and traces on the server). It is possible under the current system, before anyone gripes, as we can just fire off another Mjolnir on-hit to create a "bounce". Basically though, we'll need to fix homing missiles desyncing and such before something like this can happen, otherwise Mjolnirs will have seemingly developed the ability to teleport. :V

EDIT: Also, because Garry is a derp, trails can only be added to stuff on the server, which means you can't have trails on effects. I.e. Mjolnirs will have to look rather different or someone will have to make that less fucky.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file