Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

The Old SBEP Weapon Entities

David RalphskyDavid Ralphsky Registered Posts: 3
edited August 2015 in General #1
So way back in 2009 we had all these nifty weapons that were made with the SBEP models. Missile launchers, MAC cannons, weapon mounts, etc. Since around 2009, though, they've been broken with loads 'o' errors. I assume they haven't been fixed because you don't need them since we have the new combat system. Anyway, I dug up an old .rar on my harddrive that had all of those weapons and have been working on fixing them for GMod 13. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm asking permission to upload it to the workshop, since I believe Brandon worked on Spacebuild so he's the rightful owner (and maybe some other people in this community.)

tl;dr: I want to fix the old SBEP ents can I pls i'll give kisses

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I believe that, if you can track him down, SnakeSVx is the one to ask. I might be wrong on that one though, as I think he's the one who coded the gamemode, not so sure about SBEP's weapons.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    So way back in 2009 we had all these nifty weapons that were made with the SBEP models. Missile launchers, MAC cannons, weapon mounts, etc. Since around 2009, though, they've been broken with loads 'o' errors. I assume they haven't been fixed because you don't need them since we have the new combat system. Anyway, I dug up an old .rar on my harddrive that had all of those weapons and have been working on fixing them for GMod 13. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but I'm asking permission to upload it to the workshop, since I believe Brandon worked on Spacebuild so he's the rightful owner (and maybe some other people in this community.)

tl;dr: I want to fix the old SBEP ents can I pls i'll give kisses
    As long as you release your changes the license of spacebuild and SBEP allows you to make any changes you want. If you still want to ask though the place to do it is the github page for SBEP, but I doubt slightly that you'll get a response as the project is pretty dead last time I checked.

Also just to clear this up for you, I worked on Spacebuild 4 and our custom versions of SBEP and Spacebuild 3. I wasn't involved in the original SB3 or SBEP teams.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • David RalphskyDavid Ralphsky Registered Posts: 3
    LtBrandon wrote:
    As long as you release your changes the license of spacebuild and SBEP allows you to make any changes you want.

You mean release what changes I made? Like change notes?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    LtBrandon wrote:
    As long as you release your changes the license of spacebuild and SBEP allows you to make any changes you want.

You mean release what changes I made? Like change notes?
    What I meant was that you had to redistribute the entirety of what you changed. As in, the lua files, models, materials, etc themselves, not a change log. I actually looked at the license again and realized that I had forgotten which license they changed to last year. You don't need to redistribute your changes under this license, apparently. Here are the licenses for both, they should be exactly the same.

SBEP License: https://github.com/SnakeSVx/sbep/blob/master/LICENSE
    Spacebuild 3 License: https://github.com/SnakeSVx/spacebuild/blob/master/LICENSE

Versions of SBEP and Spacebuild 3 released prior to June 15th 2014 had a different license. I think it was some variation of the GNU General Public License, but I'm not 100% certain of that and you'll need to look into that yourself if you intend to directly use the old files. If you plan on just recreating everything entirely though you should be good to go with forking the current versions on github and doing whatever to them.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file