Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server dead?

IntegerInteger Registered Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in General #1
Server always seems to be empty, anyone ever play? For that matter, SB seems to be dying, what do you think?

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    It kinda flatlined once Grand Theft Auto V came out on PC and Cities: Skylines was released, among other things.

Some of us are also waiting on that thing that Lt.Brandon is working on.
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Yeah, past month hasn't seen much activity at all, but we did kind of prove that we can bring it back to averaging 4-5 players connected 24/7 basically overnight back in February:

d9774f80fc.png

And that was just me complaining to Lt.B that I didn't have that much footage for the DBC4.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Kanzuke wrote:
    Yeah, past month hasn't seen much activity at all, but we did kind of prove that we can bring it back to averaging 4-5 players connected 24/7 basically overnight back in February:

And that was just me complaining to Lt.B that I didn't have that much footage for the DBC4.
    When the beehive gets poked they do tend to come in swarms and get stuck there.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    It kinda flatlined once Grand Theft Auto V came out on PC and Cities: Skylines was released, among other things.

Some of us are also waiting on that thing that Lt.Brandon is working on.
    Fuck you all with your GTAV, trying to make me buy it and not work on that thing.

Speaking of, thats now in a very early alpha stage. Potentially actual information about it soon™
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • daniel11111112daniel11111112 Registered Posts: 6
    I havent played since that one major garrys mod update that seemed to break everything and the server never seemed to recover after i returned every month or so, just went to go on it a moment a go and the server is missing?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Integer wrote:
    Server always seems to be empty, anyone ever play? For that matter, SB seems to be dying, what do you think?
    In the future, make your own thread or post in the sticky we have for exactly this kind of post(its under tech support). The server is in the middle of a transition to a new server, its possible its down because of that. I'll take a look at it.

In regards to the question about spacebuild dying, that has been the case for a long time now. It's been having the player count drop off slowly since it came out. The newer gmod players are, for the most part, either not interested or not capable of playing spacebuild in its current state, and over time the older players play less and less even if they do constantly come back to play more.

Edit: Just checked, the server is up just fine, if you're not seeing it then its probably just because Garry's server browser is shit. The IP is 178.63.177.22:27015 if you want to connect to it manually.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • daniel11111112daniel11111112 Registered Posts: 6
    ya the servers back up now i guess it went down for a moment, its also aparantly running a old version of gmod so i cant join :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file