Home Help and Tutorials
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Looking for Space Combat addon

CarnaxusCarnaxus Registered Posts: 5
edited June 2014 in Help and Tutorials #1
Hello everyone. I just started playing on Diaspora's Spacebuild server today. I wanted to do some singleplayer testing of the ship combat weapons, but the addon is apparently private on the Workshop. Is there any way for us to get it for singleplayer use?

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    The Space Combat 2 addon isn't available for download anywhere as it is custom content for our server. Most of the content on our server isn't available for download as it is on the server.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • CarnaxusCarnaxus Registered Posts: 5
    Damn. I was hoping to do some testing on weapons and stuff without having to worry about crashing the server.
    You'd have to be doing something horribly wrong to crash the server. Usually the only things that crash it are people hitting map walls, random engine bugs, and gyropods being turned on underwater. Besides, you'll probably learn more if you look at what other people are doing :D
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Suppose that's true. I did finally manage to fire a capital ship beam last night. Is there any way to change the beam's color?
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    There are only three colours for the beam weapons (unless they've been updated) and are only changed by putting more or less points into the damage stat in the weapon tool. High Damage is Purple, Low Damage is Green, and Red is in the middle

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    Actually the color is a lerp between green and purple, so in the middle you have white(it would be grey really, but beams give no fucks). The color will change if you use a different damage value as kanz said though, I feed that info into the effect for magic.

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I wonder if there's a way to make a spectrum-based color code rather than RGB. The closest we have is HSV, but I'm not sure if that would work for Red->Violet transitions.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    just sayin' it'd be way more hype if we could just pick our own laser colors

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Lambda217 wrote:
    just sayin' it'd be way more hype if we could just pick our own laser colors
    Yeah but knowin' what bitches be firin' at us is way more useful! :D

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Yeah but knowin' what bitches be firin' at us is way more useful! :D

firstly they're always gonna be purple because max damage and secondly what do you mean about knowing what people fire at you, you're super dead, you haven't been on the server for years, puff machine put your body in a smallbridge shuttle, set it on fire, and slowly pushed it out into space while we cried

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    Lambda217 wrote:
    firstly they're always gonna be purple because max damage

I set up some 0 damage modifier pulse lasers yesterday and tore apart someone's ship pretty quickly due to high fire rate. Only three Cruiser-size laser turrets. Then I fired the fixed Capital ship beam and vaporized the rest of his ship in one hit.
    Lambda217 wrote:
    and secondly what do you mean about knowing what people fire at you, you're super dead, you haven't been on the server for years, puff machine put your body in a smallbridge shuttle, set it on fire, and slowly pushed it out into space while we cried

Aww, I missed the funeral? :cry::cry:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file