Home Other Games
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Star Citizens

FruerlundFruerlund Registered Posts: 7
edited June 2014 in Other Games #1
Star Citizens is a game developed by Robert Space Industries, the guy who created the orginal Wing Commander series and movie.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

The game will be a FPS Space simulator for PC only. Here is a link to read up on the details.

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/s ... en-project

Want to pledge/buy the game use this link. http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/s ... ?rid=44093

:D

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    why did I ignore this for so long
    this is like, my dream game

the universe is as persistent as EVE

you can walk in the spaceships
    fight in the spaceships
    launch baby spaceships from the spaceships

you can be watching your carrier floating in space then zoom all the way in to see bob on the bridge playing gmod instead of commanding the fighters

fucking bob

my dick has been erect with hype for a while now
    i think i may need help
    When you think handsome bounty hunter making his own way in a galaxy of enemies, you think the Constellation. The Constellation, a multi-person freighter, is the most popular ship in RSI’s current production array. Constellations are beloved by smugglers and merchants alike because they are modular, high powered… and just downright iconic-looking. The Constellation includes a manned turret, a large cargo area and a small flight deck capable of launching a snub fighter in its own defense.

guys please i'm start to feel lightheaded

http://vimeo.com/51125119

please

please

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    did i mention all the thrusters and shit actually spin about to rotate the ship and crap?

makes eve look like cadet's first setvel e2

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    That video. I just came.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    tell me about it.

• Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    And mod servers will be a reality.
  • FruerlundFruerlund Registered Posts: 7
    So Am I the only one who pledged?
    I pledged 125 for Wingnut, before all these AddOns were added.

If anyone else pledged we could form some kind of crew for the bigger ships? If interested. :D
    Guys we need the Idris Corvette. I'm currently trying to save money to pledge - but I'm likely to only get a lower one. Still keen to crew up.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

I pledged $37, but I reckon I'll be saving up for a Constellation over the next two years. I like the idea of the Millenium Falcon with a flight deck.

Of course, it's got a turret and a fighter, so worst case, two of you lot could squeeze in with me. Assuming, of course, you're willing to take the bottom bunks.

Man, the idea of exploring the 'verse with a trusty corvette is appealing. Seeing the sights, the spaceports, kicking dicks and stealing ships, staying one jump ahead of the law. And then Brandon would show up in a Bengal carrier, and he'd be all "Ha ha! The Bereavment Advocates have returned to seal your death! Mine is an evil laugh!". And Freurlund would be like "Not today, shitlord!". And he pops out of my Constellation in a lil' fighter, and Brandon goes "Scramble our fighters!". But Fruer dodges them all, and he shoots the crap out of Brandon's maneuvering thrusters, and the Bengal crashes into a moon, and Brandon's all "It looks like the B.A is blasting off again!" and he explodes or some shit, I don't know.

Man, did I ever tell you how hyped I am for Star Citizens?

• KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    I'm just waiting until they confirm Mac support. At which point TAKE ALL MY MONEY.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cdn- ... hureV2.pdf

Oh man, look at that. It's like if the Serenity actually had a budget. Check out the bomb-ass curvy seat by the flight deck!

holy shit it transforms

Omgomgomgomg, WHY DON'T I HAVE ANY MONEY TO SPEND ON THIS GAME? >_>

• xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Of course, it's got a turret and a fighter, so worst case, two of you lot could squeeze in with me. Assuming, of course, you're willing to take the bottom bunks.
    my fucking sides.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    So, development bump, Organisations are now a thing.

Cosmondico, played on the server a while back, has got a 15 man team already, me and three other friends will most likely join, but would anyone here be interested in joining up and making it a full on Diaspora Organisation? There are already some large groups forming, but we're sitting on 2 Constellations, 3 Hornets, 5 300i's and plenty of Auroras already.

So, any takers?

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    lambda is join glorious clan facepunch

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Lambda217 wrote:
    lambda is join glorious clan facepunch
    Facepunch nubs can't even tell you how big a 12 bit integer is or explain why garry can't send a 3d vector over the internet properly. Team Diaspora is go.

(or it would be if I had $ to go throw at the expensive as shit ships right now)
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    you can add me and my 300i to the team.
    edited January 2014 #19
    facepunch stronkest

patrf3.png

• woothiewoothie Registered Posts: 44
    300i master glitter ship
    I'll just join whatever team Kanzuke is up with.
    ... Or team Diaspora, if that's gonna be a thing.

Team Diaspora IS go.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/DIASPORA

I have opened recruiting, or you can just throw your username at me for an invite

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    I hope you accept my application, I put a lot of thought into it.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
    I have never seen a more in promising application in all of my 19 hours as the founder of an organisation. I would have accepted you on the spot, but the accept button seemed to be mysteriously missing.

Strange, it was just fine for Lambda's application.

I've begun making everything fancy and putting words into the boxes, but I have no idea what to do for the Logo and Icon, or what to put in the Manifesto or Charter. Help (and more not-cancelled applications V:) would be appreciated

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Ah, I know what the problem is.

People are supposed to be able to join multiple organizations, but it appears that the ability to do so is not present in the current implementation of organizations.

It will be a thing, but it's not yet, and I'm already in another organization(in charge of marketing, no less) so I'll wait for that functionality to be added before I re-apply to diaspora.

EDIT: Also:
    Manifesto is basically the goals of the organization
    Charter is basically the rules the members should follow
    This is the organization I'm in charge of marketing for, and you can see what I've put in those sections.(The manifesto needs a bit of work I feel, but it's alright for now)
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/OPG
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver

INGAME DOGFIGHTING FOOTAGE

SO HYPE

HELMET HELMET HELMET

i love just how pumped the crowd is about fucking everything

*ladder comes down from spaceship*

"YEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

*chris roberts flies into asteroid and blows up less than ten seconds out of the hangar*

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

that HUD is amazing, though. they got the dude who did the computers and displays in the Iron Man films to do it.

shame we can't do stuff like that with EGP :C

The Star Citizen Beta, the dog fighting module they've called Arena Commander, is live

Provided you've pledged for at least an Aurora you can download it now through the patcher for the hanger module

This is V.8 so there are only the three base ships, Aurora, 300i and Hornet available to be piloted, and it is singleplayer currently, but they plan to make multiplayer available to all by V1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file