Home Showcase
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Lifesupport E2, you know the drill.

Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
edited March 2014 in Showcase #1
Come get it, boys.
  • Searches for entities through constraints
  • Finds, filters and links all potential lifesupport devices in about 0.15 seconds
  • Stock e2 runs under 70 ops, under 50 microseconds, once per second
  • Sets multipliers based on generator model for maximum flexibility
  • Will only link with ship cores
  • Automatically links water pumps if in range of core(no constraint needed)
  • Manages lifesupport survival resources
  • Manages heavy water production for fusion generators
  • Manages (4) fusions for capacitor recovery
  • Clamps all multipliers to the new limit, if it is changed in the future all that is needed is an adjustment to one constant

This e2 was coded with the intent of being tweaked and added to very easily. If you are interested in finding out how to add your own device groups and device management code, add me on steam and I can give you the breakdown.
"If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver

Comments

• DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Stay awesome, Taco.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    once again taco handles the least fun part of spacebuild for us

does it do the thing where it detects water pumps and links them

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Yes, updated op
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    well done taco your space penis is massive

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
    2 notable bugs have been brought to my attention and will be fixed tonight.

1) Lifesupport will not work if you do not have fusion generators on your ship.
    2) Multipliers will not be correct if you are using more than one set of lifesupport generators.

I have the fixes for both of these bugs, but won't be updated here until I get home.
  • locko1997locko1997 Registered Posts: 2
    Hey taco, i used your LS code and i think it's crashing the server.... no idea why, but both times i placed it, server crashed :/
    Out of town right now, I'll try and get in touch with Brandon for the time being.

Edit: I have confirmed through another source that it is not my e2 that is directly crashing the server, I will need some more information about what you were doing at the time of both crashes. For example, were you trying to put it on an extremely large ship?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Out of town right now, I'll try and get in touch with Brandon for the time being.

Edit: I have confirmed through another source that it is not my e2 that is directly crashing the server, I will need some more information about what you were doing at the time of both crashes. For example, were you trying to put it on an extremely large ship?
    The crashes are not at all related to your chip. Its a known issue that we've been trying to fix for two days now.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file