Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Trouble joining the server

ertexertex Registered Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Tech Support #1
Hello, I have played SB on diaspora before and havent had anny Trouble joining before.
I formatted my computer and now the downloads on the server are taking FOREVER! 1/3 of the progress bar where filled after 3h, i don´t think that´s normal, its not stuck at a particular download it´s just that every download takes 3-4min each.
I have downloaded the links that´s at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9
My internet connection is 18.4Mbit/s.
Anyone have a suggestion?
//ertex

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    ertex wrote:
    Hello, I have played SB on diaspora before and havent had anny Trouble joining before.
    I formatted my computer and now the downloads on the server are taking FOREVER! 1/3 of the progress bar where filled after 3h, i don´t think that´s normal, its not stuck at a particular download it´s just that every download takes 3-4min each.
    //ertex
    Its because our fastdl isn't up right now, turn off custom downloads in your game options and you'll be able to connect fine.

I'll be putting something up to fix the issue sometime today probably.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • Admiral KieranAdmiral Kieran Registered Posts: 3
    ertex wrote:
    //ertex

I have the same problem, I cancelled my download half way through and it ended up starting all over again.
    LtBrandon wrote:
    ertex wrote:
    //ertex
    Its because our fastdl isn't up right now, turn off custom downloads in your game options and you'll be able to connect fine.

I'll be putting something up to fix the issue sometime today probably.

Awesome, I'll cancel my second attempt at joining then.. It's been the better part of 2 hours and It's not really getting anywhere.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Does Server #2 use the same FastDL? If not, one could try joining there to get all the downloadables.
  • Admiral KieranAdmiral Kieran Registered Posts: 3
    Steeveeo wrote:
    Does Server #2 use the same FastDL? If not, one could try joining there to get all the downloadables.

I tried server 2, It got stuck for an hour trying to download a map graph for a map I have already. I believe it has the same problem.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Server 2 has a combination of FastDL and workshop downloads. It used to be workshop only, but every time we update any of our custom addons I have to go in and manually remove all the fastDL stuff from the lua files. It's a pain in the ass and I'm too lazy to deal with it. It would be nice if all the downloads could be taken out of the addons and put into one single file.
    Server 2 has a combination of FastDL and workshop downloads. It used to be workshop only, but every time we update any of our custom addons I have to go in and manually remove all the fastDL stuff from the lua files. It's a pain in the ass and I'm too lazy to deal with it. It would be nice if all the downloads could be taken out of the addons and put into one single file.
    It doesn't actually, all your workshop stuff got turned off because I was too lazy to convert it from fastdl :V

Anyways, fix coming soonish, until then just turn off downloads and get the optional Spacebuild 3 download on our resources page and you'll be fine.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• coreysicoreysi Registered Posts: 2
    Hey i played the spacebuild server before and it worked fine but then new map called gooniverse got added and now i cant play because it cant download the map i tried going to workshop to find it but no results popped up please help.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    coreysi wrote:
    Hey i played the spacebuild server before and it worked fine but then new map called gooniverse got added and now i cant play because it cant download the map i tried going to workshop to find it but no results popped up please help.

Reading the Stickies helps.
  • coreysicoreysi Registered Posts: 2
    thanks and i found a solution yesterday i just went to the workshop and typed in gooniverse and it pooped up a whole bunch of maps and stuff that has gooniverse in it and i found it but now im having this problem to where i get on the sever and i try to get a refresher from one of the tutorial videos and its saying im missing a plugin anyone know which plugin i need i lready got adobe flash plyer and unity any other plugin im missing
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    To run flash in Garry's Mod, like from the F2 menus or from PlayX, you need to install Flash for other browsers.

Just go to this website, select your operating system, then select "Flash Player 12 for Other Browsers" from the second drop down. I'll assume you know how installers work.

This will let you watch the videos in game, but you could always open the in your normal browser, just go to YouTube and search for Diaspora Spacebuild Tutorial and they can be found there

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    The issues with joining should be fixed now. If you're still having issues, all of the content is available from our downloads page.

This discussion has been closed.