Home Music
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Mechina - space future symphonic/industrial metal/buttrock

Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
edited March 2014 in Music #1
mechina is some dumb band that does a symphonic industrial metal thing. i won't link you to their website because they failed totally at designing it.

all their songs are about this incomprehensible plot involving humans and cyborgs and stuff fighting each other and trying to kill god and stuff, and there's this one dude who doesn't want to be a cyborg or something and he forgot all everything and there's this woman who wants him to blow up earth and stuff but she might be his imagination or maybe not it's unclear

as you can see from my selections below all their music is basically just this massive weirdly-mastered mix of autotuned vocals and metal growls wailing about the space future and cyborgs and stuff, with all this electronic stuff and orchestral elements and nuts-fast drumming and guitar riffs

i bought as many albums as my budget allows

fuck

Assembled in dead stars
While my heart remains on earth
Lighted by the waning sun
Behind this blue earth

yeah that's okay
Cast down by those who live
To lie to themselves
Thrown aside to watch all sides
Devour themselves from the inside out
Countless years, countless lives
All wasted on this vicious lie
Falsify and amplify this human design
To enslave mankind

okay that's actually pretty sick

A omen of war
A tyrant reborn
I am the storm

this reminds me of someone
A chosen catalyst
Created for war
Set the sky on fire
With an orbital firestorm

oh shit brandon

yeah this one kinda needs to fit into the context of the album but it sounds really sick anyway

She whispered to me
Bring this world to its knees
Let them reap what they sow
War and disease

fucking yes
Instincts reprogrammed, altered for war
My voice has been silenced
My heart wants no more
My calling resides within the space between

fucking cyborgs so cool

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    actually i think the gods might be dudes pretending to be gods it's unclear

• KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    I totally forgot I intended to reply to this. Yay attention spans

I do like the songs you've posted, and since you've bought every album you could, which is best? I'm always looking for artists that come even close to the symphonic metal genre, and this fits well enough for me to want to buy one of them. And that Celldweller album, as I actually have a song under his name (The Wings of Icarus) and god is that song awesome.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Kanzuke wrote:
    I totally forgot I intended to reply to this. Yay attention spans

I do like the songs you've posted, and since you've bought every album you could, which is best? I'm always looking for artists that come even close to the symphonic metal genre, and this fits well enough for me to want to buy one of them. And that Celldweller album, as I actually have a song under his name (The Wings of Icarus) and god is that song awesome.

for a first album i'd recommend Xenon by Mechina, which you can preview and get if you wish here

http://mechinamusic.bandcamp.com/album/xenon

the Andromeda and Cepheus singles (in OP) are really sick too if you don't want to buy a full album, but Andromeda isn't actually available for download so i'll send it to you if you want it

if Xenon's vocals are too heavy (though check out the transition between Alithea and Zoticus) then i advise Celldweller's Black Star, which, while the lyrics kinda fall to shit halfway through, maintains the same style

get the Deluxe Version (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wish-Upon-Black ... tar+deluxe) though, cause it's got the tracks in the right order

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file