Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

[BUG] space guns not projectile

Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
edited February 2014 in Tech Support #1
i was try to fire cruiser autocannon turret cruiser autocannon turret make noise but did not fire anything i am super salty

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    space guns not projectile was result of sc_base_weapon entity being parented inside ship

i recommend making lua autoparenter tool ignore sc_base_weapon entities

very good

actually, i've done some more stuff, and for some reason duping is breaking cruiser class autocannons/pulse cannons

i put one on my ship, it fires fine. i parent it, it fires fine. but when i dupe it and respawn, it doesn't fire, even if i don't parent. it does, however, make noise and take cap.

also i moved the turret body out of the ship to make sure it wasn't colliding

(also it's not aiming at my own stuff)

weirdly the missile launcher on the same dupe works fine

Thanks to my massive penis, I have ID'd the problem. Turning a Cruiser Turret's base upside down, Adv Duping it, then pasting it, makes it shit the bed for some reason.

Have a look, this is some cruiser turrets after reduping

1024x640.resizedimage

If you look close, the one on the left is upside down, but the bullets are coming as though it was right way up.

(this was why my underside-mounted gun wouldn't fire - it thought it was right way up and thus the gun barrels were in the ship)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file