Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Generators production/usage?

StarkkzStarkkz Registered Posts: 17
edited February 2014 in General #1
Is there any place that we could find the formulas to estimate the production and usage of ALL LifeSupport generators?

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Put simply, its hit with a nice fat randomization, other than that they all have the same numbers as normal LS3 for the most part. If you want the normal math, you'll have to go digging around in the Lua because I don't have a copy of the normal stuff. I did post a thread about my changes to LS3, if you want specifics go there. I'm not sure if that will help you much though.

tl;dr: I won't tell you, and even if I did you wouldn't be able to get an accurate number out of it.

Alternatively, most generators actually tell you how much they're currently outputting, so you could just use that.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    which is just how generators work in the real life, they put out whatever the fuck they want

"our town's new nuclear powerplant will output enough electricity to sometimes power 90% of our houses on a good day, and 40% of them on a bad one"

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Do enough testing and you can probably figure something out. :D

Also:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    which is just how generators work in the real life, they put out whatever the fuck they want

"our town's new nuclear powerplant will output enough electricity to sometimes power 90% of our houses on a good day, and 40% of them on a bad one"
    ... lol.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • StarkkzStarkkz Registered Posts: 17
    I managed to get the production and usage of all generators, but for some reason water production by water pumps is too high at some multipliers that I consider it isn't actually a multiplier. Is there a precise way to calculate it? or at least may I have a hint?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Starkkz wrote:
    I managed to get the production and usage of all generators, but for some reason water production by water pumps is too high at some multipliers that I consider it isn't actually a multiplier. Is there a precise way to calculate it? or at least may I have a hint?
    As I said, there is no way to get exact values. They are randomized. I've also said that the majority of the generators have a wire output that shows how much they last generated. The best you can do is expect a value in a range of 5% lower to 5% higher than the average value over a period of time.

Because this is related, I'll be making some changes to several generators at the request of Mouldy_Taco. Will post more information when I've actually done the changes.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • StarkkzStarkkz Registered Posts: 17
    edited February 2014 #7
    LtBrandon wrote:
    As I said, there is no way to get exact values. They are randomized. I've also said that the majority of the generators have a wire output that shows how much they last generated. The best you can do is expect a value in a range of 5% lower to 5% higher than the average value over a period of time.

Because this is related, I'll be making some changes to several generators at the request of Mouldy_Taco. Will post more information when I've actually done the changes.
    Yeah, I knew they were randomized. I was saving the lowest production they generate, so I could get resources without running out of what each one needs. Also, thanks for advice, I'll be waiting until you have finished doing the changes.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    -snip-

Ninjr: You're welcome?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file