Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Help with anti missile defense system

EyjafjallajökullEyjafjallajökull Registered Posts: 14
edited January 2014 in General #1
I've been playing on the server for a while now and i noticed that about half the weapons on the server are missiles and rockets.

Now I had this idea about how to disable that threat that these missiles pose (at least a part of it), what if you could make an defense system that would target missiles and shoot them down in mid-flight.

For this to work it would probably require some extensive E2 coding and the possibility to shoot down missiles but it might actually work.
I'm not talking about something that will stop the missiles (like i have seen on the server for the last couple of days) but actual ANTI MISSILE GUN. That sounds sweet.

The thing is i only have "noob" knowledge of E2 and have no idea how to build something like this.
Now if some of you geniuses out there could do something like that it would be awesome.

Best Regards
Eyjafjallajökull
"YOLO=You Only Live Online"
"I do not play computer games because i do not have a life,
I do it because i choose to have many"
My Youtube channel Here

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    We used to have that. The "Perimeter Laser" weapon, if we still have it, was able to zap nearby torpedoes, but the way torpedoes were simulated was changed since then, so it doesn't work anymore.
  • EyjafjallajökullEyjafjallajökull Registered Posts: 14
    So you are telling me that there is absolutely no way to make an anti-missile defense system at this moment?
    "YOLO=You Only Live Online"
    "I do not play computer games because i do not have a life,
    I do it because i choose to have many"
    My Youtube channel Here
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    So you are telling me that there is absolutely no way to make an anti-missile defense system at this moment?
    Probably not. But I assume Brandon is working on something similar to that for the new Space Combat system. It would surprise me if he didn't at least try it.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file