Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Pulse weapon

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited December 2013 in Suggestions #1
I've been thinking lately, for a while actually, for a new way to work with pulses.

The general idea would be that pulse would have base attributes and you would choose with a multiplier the number by which to multiply it, maximum of 100 (let's say), the maximum being equivalent to the mkii.

so if I don't know the damage at all mkii does but let's say 1 bolt make 10 000 dmg, takes 1000 energy so the mkii has a multiplier of 100, if I were to choose a multiplier of 10, I would get a pulse that deals 1000 dmg and takes 100 energy. It would be cool that the model would be 1/10 of mkii size, in other words relative to the multiplier but, having the ability to choose other models with R just like a lot of tool or in pewpew does.

If I were to push the envelope a little further, I would create a triangle shape where u get to choose what the pulse focus on between hull armor and shield, just like you choose a color degree with the color tool, but instead of a square, it's a triangle where the extreme of each(the angle point) is damage solely on the according attribute, having the marker in the middle would mean a balanced pulse dealing equal amount. If you would ask me "hey! let's make a variating pulse in real life!" I would say ok let's make it variable at will but in spacebuild, I would put a base damage that deals equal amount to all 3 attribute of a ship core then add a value you choose with that triangle, or a simple "99 points to add, slide the 3 slidders" just like you choose attributes on the core right now.

At first glance, would lock the ability to choose that on spawn and reload, so people dont make super adaptive pulses that variate during combat... In real life it would be THE thing to do, but in here...

And of course, only the first part, where you get to choose the multiplier to the pulse is really my end goal here to create a smaller version of the pulse like I want it. I would also add an input where you get to choose your rate of fire independent of the pulse attribute multiplier, locked to a predetermined maximum of course. That rate of fire, I would make it variable at will, in combat.
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    so basically you want brandon's upcoming weapon system

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Lambda217 wrote:

...yup, that pretty much covers it.

/thread

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Kanzuke wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:

...yup, that pretty much covers it.

8O
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file