Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Making Divran a super admin

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited December 2013 in Suggestions #1
Hey all!

I've been playing lately in December and found out a great, but I mean GREAT guy was hanging out in ours servers... Divran! the guy who rewrote half on the wire or at least the e2, his name is everyone on the wiki

Anyway, my goal isn't to idolatre him but to ask everyone, what do you think about him becoming a super admin!

The guy seem not able to resist the temptation to professionally improve this or that system, and the best part, he seem to wait until he nailed down a stable result and the best best part is, he complete projects he begins!

Wow! Such super admin material! Very professional! Much desires to see him with Super Admin Power

I'm asking here so you guys can see if the internal politics can approve of this

Lately, it was Brandon who had the momentum, but he seem embark on bigger things, beside, it's only a mathematical equation of who has the ability to improve the server without messing with it that has the time to do it.

Another shot in favor of making Divran a super admin is, he has the ability to play with the wire distribution I mean, how much of confidence in the guy can u have, if you tell him, ok but it's like that, the guy will go along I mean.. thx for taking the time to read this and acknowledge it if you do.

Everyone is awesome!
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• ErrErr Registered Posts: 11
    There is lots of stuff that needs fixing. So I vote yes for making Divran a super admin.
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    I'm just going to post here instead of individually on all three.

Sure, they're good guys, I'd trust 'em with Admin, give them a shot.
    As for Div, if he'd take it, I'd like to see him with FTP access, being in the limbo between working combat mods kinda sucks.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • njits23njits23 Registered Posts: 8
    When I'm on the server, Divran is always nice to me (and everyone else who isn't a total idiot). And the development of SC2 could use a boost. So I vote yes on divran for president! Wait, did I say president? I meant super admin! Silly me...
    Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone!
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Just going to point out that Super Admin != Developer.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    Developer then

Does developer have more access to work the mod code?

So you guys are working on the next weapon system right? SC2 it is right, yea I'm so looking forward to this, next week you said steeveeo? :)

Keep being awesome guys
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Having worked with him on things before I would have to say no personally. If he comes to me voicing an interest in it I will still consider him, and if he can come up with a good solution to whatever random problem we have that I ask him to solve(thats how I've always picked people to work on things with me) then he is more than welcome to try it for a while.

Its worth noting that he only given admin on accident originally, we let him keep it because he generally does a good job helping players :)

Edit: I would also like to mention that I'll be around a lot more often for the next few weeks, and that I do recognize the need for a developer who can spend more time on the server. Originally there was supposed to be a lot more activity this year and a lot more developers were going to try and work on the server, however, we all got trapped by life so not much got done(well a lot got done, but not compared to the original plan).
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    I'll try to ask him if he does want this

It doesn't come so much from him than me, If you've planned to spend some time around then everything is fine and I'm sure we'll have much time to see what we can come up with.

Altho I don't really have a lot of experience with LUA (close to none), I myself would want to be able to look at the code we run here on the servers, would that be possible? I would want to look at the code of the ship core mod even more if you guys are planning to move on to ship core 2, I'm not the guy to run away with something people entrust me with. I want to be able to look at the code for an educational point of view, see how you guys do it.

Is that a possible possibility possibly? Is that something I need to be given or can I go in my folders and open some file with notepad or something?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I'll try to ask him if he does want this

It doesn't come so much from him than me, If you've planned to spend some time around then everything is fine and I'm sure we'll have much time to see what we can come up with.

Altho I don't really have a lot of experience with LUA (close to none), I myself would want to be able to look at the code we run here on the servers, would that be possible? I would want to look at the code of the ship core mod even more if you guys are planning to move on to ship core 2, I'm not the guy to run away with something people entrust me with. I want to be able to look at the code for an educational point of view, see how you guys do it.

Is that a possible possibility possibly? Is that something I need to be given or can I go in my folders and open some file with notepad or something?
    We've long since stopped using the original cores, you can find those leaked out all over the place. Space Combat 2 has been running and getting developed on the server for the better part of a year, I just introduce new features so slowly sometimes that people don't realize it.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    LtBrandon wrote:
    - snip -
    We've long since stopped using the original cores, you can find those leaked out all over the place. Space Combat 2 has been running and getting developed on the server for the better part of a year, I just introduce new features so slowly sometimes that people don't realize it.

Yeah, if the changelogs could be used, that'd be great.

It kinds sucks setting up a core and lasers every week to see if the mining is any more functional than it was last week

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file