Home Showcase
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Complete Lifesupport Solution

Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
edited December 2013 in Showcase #1
Welcome, to my second generation resource manager!

If you're familiar with my old resource manager, you'll be pleased to hear that a lot has changed in my newest version!

Highlights
  • Automatic Entity Retrieval through constraints! No wiring required!
  • Automatic Entity Linking to resource node! Virtually any entity that uses RD3 will be automatically linked to the resource node!
  • Support for Mining! You can just do metal, or add in the extra devices for PN-Fuel as well!
  • Support Energy! Automatically generates it, provided you have the required devices.
  • LS Core support! Makes it so you don't freeze to death.
  • Revised Resource Equations! Enjoy more resources in less time!
  • Automatic Water Pump Linking!
  • Hash Check!
  • And more!

File Checking has been disabled due to compatibility issues with Gmod13. Will put back in when fixed.

Please report all issues to this thread, or contact me on Steam

The new text file below is a work in progress and will only support basic lifesupport. However, I can pretty much guarantee that it will work.
"If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver

Comments

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    Minor fixes added.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • RagetankRagetank Registered Posts: 34
    my e2 doesnt work anymore. ive updated and now it just spams YOUVE SPAWNED THIS SO MANY TIMES..... until i delete it
    thanks Ragetank
    Follow my Company on MODDB Thank you!
    http://www.moddb.com/company/ragetank-industries
    Hmm, it's got to be due to a garrysmod/wiremod update, because that part of the code has not changed one bit.

I'll look into it tomorrow.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    WireMod's been acting weird for me too, the Laser Pointer Reciever not working and stuff.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • FruerlundFruerlund Registered Posts: 7
    As I said in the other thread. E2, Wiremod is messy.

Server sending ERRORS in console.

Map changing is not working. Scoreboard HUD is not working. Server is crashing from time to time.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Fruerlund wrote:
    As I said in the other thread. E2, Wiremod is messy.

Server sending ERRORS in console.

Map changing is not working. Scoreboard HUD is not working. Server is crashing from time to time.

Completely unrelated, lol. I updated Wiremod last night - and when I rejoined the server after a crash, the Lua Cache was fine so I didn't bother syncing it.. Apparently I was wrong, haha. Although the crashing is strange, not sure what's up with that.
    Lambda217 wrote:
    WireMod's been acting weird for me too, the Laser Pointer Reciever not working and stuff.
    Wiremod has been updated, so this may have been fixed.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    According to my code, there's absolutely no way this could happen, so it was a bug(which seems to be resolved).

If this problem pops up again, I'll just add in some check variables to prevent it from spamming.

Please let me know if you are having any other problems!
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    This is probably a known issue by now, but at random times your e2 detects only the support energy systems and nothing else, even though i have complete mining and basic LS hooked up. Any idea why?
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    I'll see if I can iron out a fix later today, just heading out the door now.
  • RagetankRagetank Registered Posts: 34
    +1 anubis
    Follow my Company on MODDB Thank you!
    http://www.moddb.com/company/ragetank-industries
    Code updated. Hotfix is untested, let me know if it's still having problems.
  • OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    edited December 2012 #13
    how do I make it actually turn stuff on? right now it links stuff and thats about it other than breaking the exchangers so they use nothing ^^
    oh and it doesnt change any values or wire anything. is it meant to wire itself to all the generators?
    I have solar panels on my ship to make it start but now I just use this and the steamsource generator for crazyness.
    I mean, this links then steamsource makes rich- but you need to add a list of what's needed for it to multiplier stuff.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    how do I make it actually turn stuff on? right now it links stuff and thats about it other than breaking the exchangers so they use nothing ^^
    oh and it doesnt change any values or wire anything. is it meant to wire itself to all the generators?
    It needs energy, after it has a small amount energy it does everything automatically.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    can you post the things you need for, say, basic life support and support energy production? I have found them but if there is bvasic there has to be advanced >:)

btw when terraforming I use the steamsource dynamo because this doesnt change a planet at all.
    Basic: Water Pump, H2O Splitter, Heavy Water Electrolyser, Steam Turbine.
    Support Energy: All above, Ship Core (link to node, pass wire value to enable production), OR Fusion Reactor (iirc they still generate sup en, however this may be changing soon)

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

so... thats it? it doesnt support anything else?
    I mean, really... btw once it fills up first time will it stay forever due to water... because steam generator seems to make water and steam
    but no matter where I go I always have full water-which ls device is generating free water power and air?
    None of those LS devices are generating free anything. This E2 is designed to have the most efficient resource generation, therefore it makes use of all of the above-listed generators in order to maintain max resource production for max amount of time. There is an amount of loss, as the Steam turbine isn't fully efficient in returning water.

As stated in the OP, it supports the following devices in addition to basic life support:
    • Support for Mining! You can just do metal, or add in the extra devices for PN-Fuel as well!
    • Support Energy! Automatically generates it, provided you have the required devices.
    • LS Core support! Makes it so you don't freeze to death.

As for the title "Basic Lifesupport", there really aren't that many things you need to make the most efficient setup, adding more would just over-complicate it for me, as well as the end-user. It's simply meant to serve as a foundation for you to add other systems that you require on your ship.

With the new mining changes coming out soon, I fully expect my E2 to break, so bear with me when that happens.

If you have any further questions, please consult the instructional comments within the e2 code before posting here, as I think I covered most of the stuff you've asked in there already.
  • micmoumicmou Registered Posts: 6
    I cannot get this to workAll it does is link everything but when i go to space it doesn't generate o2 On youtube NinjrKillr you say you have a working version?
    micmou wrote:
    I cannot get this to workAll it does is link everything but when i go to space it doesn't generate o2 On youtube NinjrKillr you say you have a working version?
    You need to give it power and a water pump that is in water or it won't be able to do anything. It doesn't magically generate anything.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Ive done this and when I go into space it doesnt work also it doesnt automatically split water or condense steam
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    I wasn't aware this still worked at all.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    Well then does anybody have one that works then?

Weird It works when On the ground?

Ok it works completely fine until I weld It to my ship?
    I should have a working version on my other computer. I'll try and get it up here tomorrow.
    Thank you much appreciated I think it breaks when you dupe it as when I unlink everything after duping, delete the chip, and then place the chip down it works somewhat well although a working version would be appreciated.
    Updated OP with latest version
    it appears your e2 doesnt work on server 2 now, but works perfectly on server one...
    apparently, server 2 doesnt allow the e2's line to get the resources stored.
    it appears your e2 doesnt work on server 2 now, but works perfectly on server one...
    apparently, server 2 doesnt allow the e2's line to get the resources stored.
    Server 2 is horribly out of date right now, almost everything needs to get updated when someone with access gets a chance to go put the latest stuff on it. Really the only thing that isn't outdated is probably Garry's Mod itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file