Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

You Timed out

de1phoenixde1phoenix Registered Posts: 6
edited September 2013 in Tech Support #1
Okay, I've been trying to join the servers for a while now, but I can't.
Every time I try to connect I get "DePhoenix Timed Out"
I have no idea what the problem could be, I copied the console and the errors in it, though.
Diaspora Spacebuild 3: Build Server #1
http://ber-fastdl.diaspora-community.com/LoadingURL/LoadingPage.html
spacebuild3
sb_vacuum_rc1
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "generic_smoke"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "blood_impact_green_01"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "blood_impact_yellow_01"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "vacuum_snowfall"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "dam_waterfall_impact"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "dam_waterfall"!
Attemped to precache unknown particle system "doublejump_puff"!
Requesting 1194 lua files from the server
ConVarRef wire_expression2_file_max_size doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef hsholoemitter_max_points doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef pac_restrictions doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef pac_projectiles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef pac_modifier_size doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef pac_modifier_model doesn't point to an existing ConVar
ConVarRef gmod_physiterations doesn't point to an existing ConVar
[HTML] Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
Disconnect: DePhoenix timed out.
Disconnect: DePhoenix timed out.

If anyone could help me, that would be awesome.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    To start with, whats your ping to the server? Can you connect to server 2(64.31.29.92:27015)?
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • de1phoenixde1phoenix Registered Posts: 6
    Okay, I successfully connected to server 2 (64.31.29.92:27015).
    However, everything seems to be black and purple, which I find strange since I downloaded a few packs using svn.
    I put them all in my garrysmod/addons folder, but I can't seem to access the addon in singleplayer either.

https://github.com/SnakeSVx/spacebuild/trunk (addons/Spacebuild)
    https://github.com/shadowscion/sprops (addons/sprops) (but this one got an error and is empty, but my friend can play and has the error as well, without the black and purple)
    http://svn.code.sf.net/p/carterspack/code/cap (addons/CAP)
    https://github.com/SnakeSVx/sbep/branches/master (addons/SBEP)

have I maybe done anything wrong with the svn's then?
    Maybe fixing this will make me able to connect to the first server as well.
    de1phoenix wrote:
    Okay, I successfully connected to server 2 (64.31.29.92:27015).
    However, everything seems to be black and purple, which I find strange since I downloaded a few packs using svn.
    I put them all in my garrysmod/addons folder, but I can't seem to access the addon in singleplayer either.

have I maybe done anything wrong with the svn's then?
    Maybe fixing this will make me able to connect to the first server as well.
    The addons you downloaded wouldn't let you play in singleplayer, as they are just content needed for the server. Though, sprops isn't needed as its only on our sandbox server.

The issue you're experiencing with the black and purple is more than likely a source game not being mounted, some maps need Half-Life 2 Episode 2 or Counter-Strike Source.

Apparently you're simply having a connection issue with server #1, it may clear up in a few days, however, at the same time it may not. If you have a high ping to server #1 that is probably related.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Alright, the thing I said about black and purple isn't entirely true.
    The only thing that is black and purple is the (motd?) screen you start with when you enter the server.
    The spacebuild props don't show up when I'm in the server either and I saw a ship flying around made out of errors as well.
    HL2E2 and CSS are mounted, though, so the map is looking good.
    de1phoenix wrote:
    Alright, the thing I said about black and purple isn't entirely true.
    The only thing that is black and purple is the (motd?) screen you start with when you enter the server.
    The spacebuild props don't show up when I'm in the server either and I saw a ship flying around made out of errors as well.
    HL2E2 and CSS are mounted, though, so the map is looking good.
    Oh, did you turn off downloads in your client? There is a lot of content that is sent when you join as its not available in other packs.

I recommend that you watch the tutorial video for addon installation to insure that you didn't do something wrong on accident, its also worth checking that your SVN client didn't put the addon in a sub-folder of the one you told it to install the addons to. In the addons/SBEP folder, for example, there should be like 5 or so folders with names like models, materials, and lua.

hmm, it's all in a "/addon/[downloaded svn]" without sub folders, they even have the green little check marks next to them.
    Checked the tutorial, I did everything right, but it still doesn't work.
    de1phoenix wrote:
    hmm, it's all in a "/addon/[downloaded svn]" without sub folders, they even have the green little check marks next to them.
    Checked the tutorial, I did everything right, but it still doesn't work.
    There should be a few subfolders within those as I said, that makes it sound like your svn client didn't actually download anything.

To clear up what I said a bit more, sometimes svn will put the downloaded repository in addons/[addon folder]/[repository name] instead of addons/[addon folder], so the game won't detect the addon. If you're not seeing folders such as models, materials, and lua then you don't actually have the addon downloaded.

I was being vague, again.
    With "no subfolders" i meant no "addons/sbep/sbep" but I do have the actual files. (addons/sbep/lua, models, etc.)
    While I was having a chat with a friend of mine he suggested a reinstall, so that's what I'm doing right now.
    I hope it'll help because It's been ages since I've played spacebuild :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file