Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server 2 Info

DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
edited October 2014 in General #1
Since I have no mod access to the forums I needed a post where I can put stuff about server #2 for the MOTD and things.

Server IP: 192.228.110.102
changed Feb 20, 2014

Server2 is now hosted on a windows box which means we can make it a mirror of server 1, so it has the same addons, maps, etc.

DIfferences:
Server 2 is hosted in Texas, USA, so USA players will have a much better ping.
Server 2 has tighter physics, meaning at high speeds, you will not lose rotation ability.
Server 2 has Ship Core Halo Outlines OFF by default to reduce lag. You can enable them through the ship core interface.
Server 2 has a Max of 12 players.
Sync between assmod rankings and global resource holds are currently not working. Each servers ranks and holds will be independent.

b_560x95.png

Comments

• Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Why do GMod addon developers insist on using subversion for non-test releases? I've never seen that anywhere else.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    AHadley wrote:
    Why do GMod addon developers insist on using subversion for non-test releases? I've never seen that anywhere else.
    Most likely because it's much easier to update and send out the large amounts of files associated with these addons than to pack up each individual release into an archive. Also, a lot of these mods are constantly in flux, so just using SVN's way of downloading changes only is a lot easier than having to download the entire package each time, or even having the user figure out how to manually patch in content.

With SVN, deletes are just as easy to apply as changes and additions.

Since I have no mod access to the forums I needed a post where I can put stuff about server #2 for the MOTD and things.
    Do you want forum mod? Last I heard, you didn't.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Steeveeo wrote:
    That was a long time ago. It would come in handy now.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Steeveeo wrote:
    That was a long time ago. It would come in handy now.
    Fix't
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Speaking of server 2 info, I really need you to get me the updated FTP info so I can put mining 2.0 and a number of other things on your server.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Steeveeo wrote:
    AHadley wrote:
    Most likely because it's much easier to update and send out the large amounts of files associated with these addons than to pack up each individual release into an archive. Also, a lot of these mods are constantly in flux, so just using SVN's way of downloading changes only is a lot easier than having to download the entire package each time, or even having the user figure out how to manually patch in content.

If updates are that frequent perhaps they should be dev builds instead. And let's be honest, subversion isn't famous for being noob-friendly.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    AHadley wrote:
    Steeveeo wrote:
    AHadley wrote:

If updates are that frequent perhaps they should be dev builds instead. And let's be honest, subversion isn't famous for being noob-friendly.
    New players rarely have a problem understanding how to use it, and even when they do there is plenty of gmod specific tutorials for it around.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    Updated OP with new server IP
    Updated OP with new NEW IP
    Yeah, you guessed it, new IP again.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    plz just get a domain entry, such many ip change :P

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    no idea whats going on with server 2 right now, our account seems completely purged. The host has been emailed, will update when I know more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file