Home Help and Tutorials
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Wheres the admins at?

MrSkyFireMrSkyFire Registered Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in Help and Tutorials #1
Ive been playing on the Diaspora servers for a couple of MONTHS now, and one thing I have certainly noticed is a lack of admins at ANY given time. Most I ever see is Clark on just helping minor players wire stuff right.
But what about when (Like this just happened on server 2) Someone was Prop Spamming to the point where the server is (still) frozen.

What about the people that want to become respected? We cant ask an admin because they are never on.
Ive been dying to toy with the gravity hull designator.

We lack what is needed, and if anything ill apply for the position myself. Familiar with ASSMod and various other admin ui's

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    MrSkyFire wrote:
    Ive been playing on the Diaspora servers for a couple of MONTHS now, and one thing I have certainly noticed is a lack of admins at ANY given time. Most I ever see is Clark on just helping minor players wire stuff right.
    But what about when (Like this just happened on server 2) Someone was Prop Spamming to the point where the server is (still) frozen.

What about the people that want to become respected? We cant ask an admin because they are never on.
    Ive been dying to toy with the gravity hull designator.

We lack what is needed, and if anything ill apply for the position myself. Familiar with ASSMod and various other admin ui's
    We have plenty of admins, they just don't go around #2 usually for whatever reason. #1 almost always has an admin online unless it is the middle of the night in the US.

If you see someone breaking the rules simply report them to an admin when you next see them, or post on the forums with proof of the actions and a steamid minimum.

I will also point out that you do not ask for respected if you want it, you will get it when deemed worthy of it :D
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Doesn't help that some people (me included) don't actually have their Admin Rights on server #2, but if you want a quick response, look at the steam group on Diaspora, and then using the MOTD on the server and it's staff list, poke all the staff who are online, one of us could probably respond.

Could even see if any of us are on the #Diaspora-Community IRC channel

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    Kanzuke wrote:
    Doesn't help that some people (me included) don't actually have their Admin Rights on server #2, but if you want a quick response, look at the steam group on Diaspora, and then using the MOTD on the server and it's staff list, poke all the staff who are online, one of us could probably respond.

Could even see if any of us are on the #Diaspora-Community IRC channel
    Actually Kanz, data updated his server, so as long as he also updated his assmod the ranks will be pulled from mysql and you'll have the same rank as on #1.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    I'll gladly come on the server and ban some retard that is fucking up the server. It would be my genuine pleasure to also due process and shit.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • BlazeSFBlazeSF Registered Posts: 4
    Sorry MrSkyFire is actually me, I couldnt remember my old account name (Till I found my old post)

You guys have an IRC channel? GAH How am I missing all this info? lol
    BlazeSF wrote:
    Sorry MrSkyFire is actually me, I couldnt remember my old account name (Till I found my old post)

You guys have an IRC channel? GAH How am I missing all this info? lol
    The info is in the suggestions forum, look for the IRC thread and you'll find the info near the end.

• DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    clak's server is rejecting my server again
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    clak's server is rejecting my server again

That might explain this:

AQb3wha.jpg

I am of course referring to the lacking Assmod Menu, not the blackhole-ing unparented ship stalling the server that I was powerless to stop

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file