Home Development
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Space Combat 2

LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
edited August 2014 in Development #1
Hello people, I have come to slowly leak more details as to the progress of Space Combat 2, which is, by far, the single largest update on my list. I have also come to ask for a bit of community support if anyone is interested in helping me out.

Status
Lua: This part is basically completed, but I'm not going to push anything onto the servers until the other parts are done :twisted:
Models: There is a metric fuck-ton of cannons and projectiles to be made, never mind the other things I have in mind.
Materials: I just need to convert these to source-usable formats.
Sounds: I'm working on these as they are needed, and will probably be making use of my other projects for this.
Effects: While I have made a few of these I would love to have a whole lot more!

How you can help
So this is what I meant by community support earlier, lets get into it. If you're someone who is creative and likes messing around with things this is for you.

I am currently in need of particle artists, Lua effect artists, and weapon model contributions. If you're willing to help out then use the references below to create some content, then when you have stuff to show post it below. Hit me up on steam if you want something specific to do.

References:
-COMING SOON(tm)-

Media
Have pretty pictures.
2lwaput.jpg
12305qe.jpg
1059us5.jpg
2vdikgk.jpg
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Sorry its taking me so long to get the tutorials out for those that voiced their interest in helping, have been sick for the last week or so and haven't been able to record them.

When I finally get them out I intend to go over the following:
    • Basic Particle Creation
    • Basic Modeling w/ Blender
    • Texturing w/ Blender
    • Exporting to Source w/ Blender

Oh and some time in the next few weeks I'm bringing presents, you can figure out what those are later.

Edit: Some media I haven't posted here yet:
    351xpxx.jpg
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    So SC2 covers handheld weapons, too? I didn't know that. Thought it was just ship based stuff. Pretty cool.
    So SC2 covers handheld weapons, too? I didn't know that. Thought it was just ship based stuff. Pretty cool.
    I'm adding everything from handheld weapons to vehicles. Kinda why its taking so long to finish.

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    handheld 1400mms pls

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Heck, just any form of 1400's is fine by me.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    So I know that quite a few of you are(were?) interested in helping me with modeling and such, but I haven't been able to find a good way to go over blender and all that good stuff. So instead of recording just a tutorial, I'm thinking of doing a live stream on my twitch account and having everyone ask questions as I go. If enough people are interested, I'd like to do it this weekend :D

Please post below if you're interested, even if you tell me on steam anyways I'll still direct you to post here ;)

Edit: Incase people want to know, my twitch page can be found over here.

• Lego8_bitLego8_bit Registered Posts: 9
    hmm this would be very interesting on making the vehicles customizable with mods as well
    its my way or the highway lol
    Lego8_bit wrote:
    hmm this would be very interesting on making the vehicles customizable with mods as well
    So many necro posters lately >_>;

/locked until next update

• DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    The old weapons are back on both servers. Brandon accidentally fixed them. They are pretty much just as they were before gmod13, same models, sounds, functions. some work, some dont. have fun!
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Did you guys finally fix the antimatter cannons?
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    Did you guys finally fix the antimatter cannons?
    There was never anything wrong with them. If you mean the shooting to the side, that was a feature, I told you that before :lol:

• trapo78trapo78 Registered Posts: 1
    How long do you think it'll be until people can download this mod for offline
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    trapo78 wrote:
    How long do you think it'll be until people can download this mod for offline
    I estimate ∞ seconds.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    I estimate ∞ seconds.

how about we release Space Combat 2: Kid's Edition for public use, a version of SC2 that includes only a Fighter Autocannon and a Ship Core for users to enjoy

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Because the Ship Core (and the supporting stuff that makes it work) is where 90% of the work has gone into.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file