Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Glitch that Crashes Server

MoonlightUndertoneMoonlightUndertone Registered Posts: 5
edited March 2013 in Tech Support #1
Hello there.

I have been playing Spacebuild for all but a couple of days, and on your server for 100% of it. You have an awesome community, and I love playing in it.

But, I found a glitch that kept crashing the server:

When I parented the Captain's Chair to the cockpit, and got out of it, it would fling me into space and make everyone have to reconnect. It took a few times for me to actually catch on (so, sorry out there to other fellow builders! :oops: ) but I stopped doing it once I found the correlation.

Now, I just weld the seat to the cockpit and it's all alright - but it's a rather annoying glitch if you'd care to iron it out.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    That will happen if you parent any chairs manually. We do have an E2 tool that does it all automatically (Wire Tab->Wire - Control->Gate - Expression 2) in the folder called Steeveeo's Tools called e2_tool_-_autoparenter.txt.

We still need to fix the Multi-Parent tool to match the functionality of the E2 version.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Seats can't be parented, actually. It's annoying, cause that means everyone on the bridge starts flying about once evasive maneuvers begin.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Some chairs can be parented. The black office chair that I always use, I use for that reason. I have never had that glitch no matter what method I use to parent it.
  • MoonlightUndertoneMoonlightUndertone Registered Posts: 5
    Yeah - it's actually quite annoying.

Meanwhile, I can't get any of my files to work anymore because they took Spacebuild 3 off the STEAM Workshop because Snake gets butthurt about people sharing freeware. :I
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    The number of people who keep saying "it's illegal to upload this anywhere else" is hilarious.
  • TangentDeltaTangentDelta Registered Posts: 54
    This bug is really getting out of hand. I accidentally crashed the server 3 times yesterday, trying to find out what was going on, and someone crashed the server just now. It wouldn't be so bad if the server came up immediately after crashing, but it's a good one-hour wait before it comes back up.

Is this the bug that made the SBEP team disable vehicles in the current release?

Edit: Wow, the server is still down...
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    This bug is really getting out of hand. I accidentally crashed the server 3 times yesterday, trying to find out what was going on, and someone crashed the server just now. It wouldn't be so bad if the server came up immediately after crashing, but it's a good one-hour wait before it comes back up.

Is this the bug that made the SBEP team disable vehicles in the current release?

Edit: Wow, the server is still down...
    As long as you use the recommended method of parenting, the e2 that we provide, this bug doesn't affect you. Also please specify which server is "the server" next time because we have two of them.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file