Home In the Media
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Japan got an 8.9 Earthquake, AND a Tsunami.

AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
edited March 2011 in In the Media #1
Seriously, holy fuckshit guys.

A goddamn 10 meter tsunami washed over the damn country, and 51 countries and territories have earthquake and tsunami warnings.

Dunno about you guys, but my best wishes go out to the Japanese, and whomever else this affects. Might not be still active for you, but live coverage here:

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Comments

• KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    I was woken to this this morning. The destruction I am seeing on the news is...it makes me sick to watch. I have family on the western coast of the United States. Mostly in Oregon but well in the warning zones.
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    wow

And some more earthquake are still going on...
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Out of Hawaii and the west cost only one person died because they decided to take some pictures while standing on the coast.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Damn lucky considering the surge that hit Hawaii was higher than the highest part of most of the islands.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    You can donate to the cause via the Red Cross here.

I have donated $20 so far, I know it's not really that much, but it's what I can spare.
  • Psi-Xi 7Psi-Xi 7 Registered Posts: 28
    Can we add nuclear irradiation to the topic thread title?
    The overheated roofs on one of the reactors blew off, oddly enough, the reactor is STILL running. Can't really say the same about its status, though.
  • JollyRodgerJollyRodger Registered Posts: 33
    Japan will recover.
    An interesting development from this however might be how china reacts.
    If china provides more support than the usa we might finding ourselves loosing control of the ports in Japan.
    if china can use Japan as a standing area for a blue water navy things might me hairy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file