Home Development
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

No compressors on spawn planet

ClarkClark Registered Posts: 7
edited February 2013 in Development #1
http://pastebin.com/GeXzT6rR

Looks for the spawn planet by searching for it's entity class and it's size. When a player goes to spawn a compressor on the spawn planet it will remove it as soon as it's spawned.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Clark wrote:
    http://pastebin.com/GeXzT6rR

Looks for the spawn planet by searching for it's entity class and it's size. When a player goes to spawn a compressor on the spawn planet it will remove it as soon as it's spawned.
    That's not exactly an optimal way to deal with it, as it will only work on one map, and even if it did work on all maps, it could affect planets besides the spawn planet. I'm going to implement something to keep spawn's atmosphere in a breathable range eventually, but its going to have to be dynamic as we run quite a few maps.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • ClarkClark Registered Posts: 7
    This only affects the spawn planet on one map because that's all the server #2 current plays. Also this looks for the spefic entity that makes up a planet and finds the exact size of the planet. Just you let you know the spawn planet on vacuum is the biggest at 4096 as you may of been able to see. The Space Build team are still lagging in their development. If they finish up environments(https://github.com/SnakeSVx/spacebuild/blob/master/lua/CAF/Addons/server/spacebuild.lua#L332) their would be a easy way to do this for all maps.
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Technically Compressors aren't all that bad unless used for a very long time and / or used with a very large multiplier. As much as I hate them being used at all, for the above reasons, we'd be better off educating people to split water rather than forcibly removing their compressors. I mean, if the only way you know how to get Oxygen is to compress it, and suddenly you can't spawn compressors?

Something will be implemented as Brandon said, in the mean-time if you have troubles with people compressing the entire atmosphere either try to teach them or ask for an Admin to help (they can spawn plants to refresh O2, iirc).

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • ClarkClark Registered Posts: 7
    I haven't actually see an admin on server #2 is that a bad thing?

Edit:
    Updated to include 14 spacebuild maps.
    https://github.com/clrksml/Lua-Snippets ... s/init.lua
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Clark wrote:
    I haven't actually see an admin on server #2 is that a bad thing?

Probably just means the owner of that server quit playing Gmod again.
  • drmatsuudrmatsuu Registered Posts: 1
    I agree, there should be a little more presence on server #2 and the spawn planet protection sounds great... We really need that as an ass was on the server earlier today trying to make earth's atmosphere um-breathable. Fortunately, we were able to generate enough O2 to counter the individual in question, considering their knowledge of wire and LS was limited... probably some kid trying to get a rise out of people on the server.
    Super broken programming!

I'll fix it... later.
  • andrbootandrboot Registered, Administrator Posts: 46
    Server owner is around occasionly :p (I believe Server #2 is me?)
    We have a few admins that are on quite a bit, just depends on timezones and so forth in reality.
    Known as Clakattack ... or "ClakofDeath" xD
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    andrboot wrote:
    Server owner is around occasionly :p (I believe Server #2 is me?)
    We have a few admins that are on quite a bit, just depends on timezones and so forth in reality.
    You have it backwards clak, you have #1 not #2. Anyways not much talking going on here, just going to lock it for now.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
This discussion has been closed.