Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Download Links, Map Links, and Server Info

Paper ClipPaper Clip Registered, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 87
edited September 2020 in General #1
INFORMATION - READ ME FIRST
There are a minimum of three downloads you need to install to cover 95% of content used on the server, the bulk of it will be auto-downloaded when you join the server. As such, make sure you have "Allow all custom files from server" selected in the Multiplayer tab of the in game Options menu. Each addon has multiple download methods, and a short description for each.
Only install one from each section, they are all (mostly) the same content.

SBEP (Spacebuild Enhancement Pack) - REQUIRED
Contains a lot of models used for constructing spaceships, bases and more. If you do not install this, almost every ship you see will be a cloud of errors.
Workshop Link - Rejoin Required
Easiest install method, but not 100% reliable.
Git .zip download - Game Restart Required
Requires manual installation, and can not be updated without redownloading, but does not require any knowledge of Git.
Unzip the 'sbep-master.zip' archive and move the produced 'sbep-master' folder into "<Steam Library Location>\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons"
Git HTTPs Clone URL - Game Restart Required
https://github.com/spacebuild/sbep.git
The recommended method, as it is the easiest to update. If you're not already familiar with Git, you can refer to this tutorial. Clone into "<Steam Library Location>\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\addons"

Workshop Addons - RECOMMENDED
These are automatically downloaded to your client, but subscribing to them will give them their own sections under Browse - Addons, which makes it a lot easier to find the models. Subscribing to the collection will also download all the maps on the server, so you don't have to wait when it changes to a map you haven't played before.
Diaspora Space Combat 2 Collection
Diaspora Sandbox Collection

CAP (Carter's Addon Pack) - OPTIONAL
A very large model pack (2.5GB) of Stargate themed models, materials and sounds. These can come in handy for more creative spaceships, but since they are not very commonly used, you don't need to download this pack unless you really like Stargate or really hate seeing errors. You can download this from the workshop, or from their github repository.

CAP Workshop Collection
CAP Resources Github

Comments

• NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    I've updated some download links, as well as cleaned up the thread.

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
  • OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    edited June 2013 #3
    since I dont want to add more comments, how big exactly is the CAP models SVN?
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    gooniverse is on workshop, so we dont have to go to garry'smod.org- I hate the login on there as it says "this account does not exist!" no matter what I put in.
    No one here really supports the workshop, its kinda crappy for a lot of reasons. Go read the TOS for uploading to the workshop, valve basically says "If you upload something here, you have to give us ownership of it so we can do whatever we want with it, including selling it for profit without asking you." so preferably just use garrysmod.org or get it from our fastdl like almost everyone who joins the server recently.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    Server 2 switched their ISP, new IP is
    64.31.14.94:27025
    please update appropriate links, favorites, etc.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    The tutorial is kinda, uh... well its shit. You need to install each of those addons to a separate folder, you can't just dump all the svns in addons, it will try to checkout to the master folder and tortoise will be stupid and not do it.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    The tutorial is kinda, uh... well its shit. You need to install each of those addons to a separate folder, you can't just dump all the svns in addons, it will try to checkout to the master folder and tortoise will be stupid and not do it.

Fixed
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

• OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    sb_extinction_v1 isn't on there and... lets just say the server doesnt accept it in fastDL

did someone add this map in randomly?
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Adding some missing maps to the list here.
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    Whoever added the widget for the Build Server #3, the one that is now Waterbuild, never thought to add the server to Gametracker, leaving a derped widget. So I went ahead and did that, now we have stats.
    Hurray.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
    Kanzuke wrote:
    Whoever added the widget for the Build Server #3, the one that is now Waterbuild, never thought to add the server to Gametracker, leaving a derped widget. So I went ahead and did that, now we have stats.
    Hurray.
    Thats been there for ages, was originally for factional warfare. Gametracker automatically adds servers after being up for a couple days btw.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• SkirletSkirlet Registered Posts: 4
    Thanks for this, useful topic, well made.
    Please edit some outdated links like SpaceBuild 3 and stuff (or maybe my firewalls are blocking it).
    Skirlet wrote:
    Please edit some outdated links like SpaceBuild 3 and stuff (or maybe my firewalls are blocking it).
    All of the links are current, we update them whenever they change.

LtBrandon wrote:
    Skirlet wrote:
    All of the links are current, we update them whenever they change.
    Yeah nevermind my foolishness, I just found out about the GIT method and I'm using it right now. It works
    way better and faster than SVN.

Thanks you for your offer, I'll look at it.
  • GibberishNameGibberishName Registered Posts: 6
    I dont suppose the battle server ip could be put in here?
    I dont suppose the battle server ip could be put in here?
    Uh the battle server is server #1, we just took battle out of its name around a year ago is all.

• GibberishNameGibberishName Registered Posts: 6
    Hey there, asking if the weapon models/and or/sound links could be put up?
    me and a few others cant get past them without waiting for a long time.
    Hey there, asking if the weapon models/and or/sound links could be put up?
    me and a few others cant get past them without waiting for a long time.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1111 - Issues with joining and downloading files are known about and being worked on.

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Readding Sb_LostInSpace. Found a working version of that map. :D

EDIT: Also fixed Server #2's readout display, nobody ever updated it after the move.
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    garrysmod.org is offline. Recommend mirroring all the maps from the server maps folder somewhere else, as I cannot join the server (stupid gmod never simply downloads when I join the server. And yes, I checked my download settings. It SHOULD download them.) without them.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • george_1106george_1106 Registered Posts: 2
    CAP SVN link doesn't work. Got any alternate links or tell me exactly what it is so i could download it from somewhere else?
    CAP SVN link doesn't work. Got any alternate links or tell me exactly what it is so i could download it from somewhere else?
    I'll try to get an alternative download up tonight, no other download will work right now because the server uses a really old version which isn't compatible with the newer one. Not many people use CAP as far as I know, so tbh it has a chance of being removed due to its massive size for a gmod addon. If I remember right its something like 5GB on disk, so we could replace that with a lot of other highly requested addons like SProps or any number of other things. I might throw up a poll to see what people think about swapping it for other addons in a few days.

tl;dr: There is no alternative download, will try to get you one soon.

• george_1106george_1106 Registered Posts: 2
    LtBrandon wrote:
    I'll try to get an alternative download up tonight, no other download will work right now because the server uses a really old version which isn't compatible with the newer one. Not many people use CAP as far as I know, so tbh it has a chance of being removed due to its massive size for a gmod addon. If I remember right its something like 5GB on disk, so we could replace that with a lot of other highly requested addons like SProps or any number of other things. I might throw up a poll to see what people think about swapping it for other addons in a few days.

tl;dr: There is no alternative download, will try to get you one soon.

If it's not required then i can live without it. I was just making sure that i had everything to run the servers without any problems. Take your time on the file uploading. Thanks for responding.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file