Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

random crashing?

OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
edited December 2012 in Tech Support #1
whenever poeple start using the dupes off workshop- which do work- they are stupidly laggy as they are always unparented and glitch about everywhere. can you stop all dupes from workshop happening because its just annoying having someone join then spawn the "destructible tower", crashing the server.

I mean, this is spacebuild 3 not spamming as many dupes as possible to lag...

Comments

• DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    its been disabled on server 2 for the past month

maybe people are spawning stuff in single player, saving it with adv dupe, then spawning that on the server.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    its been disabled on server 2 for the past month

maybe people are spawning stuff in single player, saving it with adv dupe, then spawning that on the server.
    I've had it disabled on #1 since any form of adv dupe was on there at all. If people are taking it from singleplayer and uploading it via adv dupe there isn't much of anything we can do about it.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
    lets get rid of adv dupe 1 and 2. You must build from scratch each time!
    Also we should get rid of expression2 saving/loading so no one can just load up evil e2 gates. Same goes for any other system that uses a save function.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    lets get rid of adv dupe 1 and 2. You must build from scratch each time!
    Also we should get rid of expression2 saving/loading so no one can just load up evil e2 gates. Same goes for any other system that uses a save function.

You're not treating the source of the problem: props, which are inherently laggy. I vote we remove all models from the server, so they can never be used to crash us again.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
This discussion has been closed.